American Express Careers
Business Analyst/Assistant Manager - US Consumer New Accounts
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The US Consumer New Accounts team within CFR is responsible for developing and implementing Underwriting Strategies for prospects and customers. The team works very closely with marketing, decision science and technology teams to develop, implement, monitor and manage underwriting strategies.
The CFR team helps drive profitable business growth by reducing the risk of fraud and maintaining our customers' confidence in the security of our products. It utilizes an array of tools and ever-evolving technology to detect and combat fraud, minimize the disruption of good spending and provide a world-class customer experience. The team leads efforts that leverage data and digital advancements to improve service and risk management as well as enable commerce and drive innovation. CFR is responsible for developing and monitoring statistical models for predicting individual and commercial' behaviors such as credit risk, fraud risk, spending and revolve. These models are used for key business decisions made across the customer life cycle to manage risk and accelerate profitable business growth. Underpinning our growth as a company are the tools and capabilities that ensure we prudently take and manage risk in a viable way.
Purpose of the Role:
A role with US Consumer New Accounts within CFR at American Express offers the unique opportunity to work on developing profitable New Account Underwriting Strategies (Economic Logic) for US. The team works very closely with US Risk teams, Decision Science and Technology teams to implement, monitor and manage the strategies & processes.
1. Enhance existing New Accounts underwriting strategies
2. Drive profitable strategies at acquisition driven by economics of life time value
3. Elevate customer experience by providing seamless underwriting and on-boarding experience
4. Continuous monitoring of risk trends across the portfolio and more specifically for marginal population
5. Perform root cause analyses of concerning trends and identify performance drivers
6. Ensure adherence to compliance
7. Collaborate with multiple partners including enterprise digital analytics, new accounts decision science, new accounts operations, GSN etc.
Critical Factors to Success:
Ability to prioritize across multiple requests and continuously manage partner expectations.
Ability to structure highly unstructured requests and convert the available information to into business implications and insights.
1+ Years of Relevant/Related Work Experience with Consistent Track Record Of Strong Performance
MBA, Master’s Degree In Economics, Statistics Or Related Fields From Top Tier Institute
Ability To Drive Results
Strong Analytical & Problem Solving Skills
Excellent Communication and Relationship Building Skills
Demonstrated Ability to Work Effectively Manage and Integrate With Cross-Functional Business Partners Worldwide
Advanced level used for Excel and PowerPoint
Proficiency with Programming in SAS / SQL / HIVE
Knowledge of Platforms:
Experience working on Cornerstone
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2019, 12:58:39 AM