The Business Logic Management team (BLM) is responsible for defining and driving the transformation and modernization of risk management capabilities across risk technology platforms. Our teams have technical and communication skills that enable them to work with cross-functional teams in various domains across the company including Risk Strategy, Servicing, Product Management, Decision Sciences and Technology. We develop and design logic used in risk management automation that is durable, scalable, easy to deploy and transparent to business strategy partners in real-time and batch environments.
This team has delivered industry-leading results year after year while enabling profitable growth and delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
Role & Responsibilities:
Creates design artifacts and provides solution guidance for functional components within the customer journey. This role supports the execution of complex risk strategies within agreed PI (program increments), working closely with product development manager, product owner and scrum master opining on story pointing and dependencies from a technical and solution management perspective. The role supports technical lead ensuring that scrum team members within the functional component have sufficient training and business context to perform their roles and adhering to quality standards and guidelines as defined by BLM and contributes to organizational knowledge bases for that purpose.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Works with existing tools to develop models, variable, rules, and logic
- Partners collaboratively with all stakeholder groups including Credit & Fraud Risk, technologies, servicing, compliance and other cross functional areas
- Influences, leads and communicates to all levels across a broad range of customers and constituents
- Develops a technical understanding of Risk Capabilities and supporting platforms
- Provides consultancy to business partners to ensure that processes and platforms are utilized appropriately
- Manages the review, development, testing and communication of new development requests
- Actively reviews features/stories working within Scrum/Kanban teams ensuring all aspects of Initiatives, Features, Capability and User Stories are managed with appropriate standards
- Minimum 4+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience of consistently driving strong results as an individual and in groups
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Proficient in any data query/tools such as SQL, HQL/Hive, SAS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or business/financial discipline
- Experience as a data developer, analyst or scientist or otherwise supporting role in complex data environments
- Experience in a cross-functional and global environment
- Proficient in Spark, Python, Java, Java Script, C++
- Working knowledge of any following including Business Rules Management Systems (BRMS) and/or workflow orchestrators such as Pega and JBPM
- Experience working in Agile| SAFe environments
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 29, 2019, 12:19:41 AM