American Express Careers
Director, Global Commercial Services New Product Development, JAPA
- Lead and develop a team of high-performing product managers
- Effectively engage multiple stakeholders and key business partners to drive prioritization and execution of payment platform strategies
- Develop payment platform capabilities roadmaps based on high-level business needs and use cases
- Engage with Technologies to execute against payments investments, develop user stories and manage stand-ups
- Manage existing payments platform capabilities and change management process.
- Leadership – Strong people leader and team player with demonstrated ability to develop people and create highly effective and results-driven culture.
- Product Management Experience – First-hand experience in a product management role, including leveraging Agile and Waterfall SDLC methodologies. Proven ability to define a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and identify changes required to address them. Demonstrated track record of qualifying value propositions and building cost benefit analyses
- Personal Excellence – High degree of integrity/confidentiality, comfort with speaking up for what is right as well as reporting/escalating risks and concerns.
- Collaboration & Relationship Skills – Strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills. Proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing partners in a matrix environment to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility.
- Communications Skills – Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form to different audiences with varying backgrounds.
- Proven Thought Leadership – Ability to identify and synthesize trends to provide value-added analysis and recommendations for improvement to leadership team.
- High Energy/Flexibility – Must be a highly motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency, positive attitude and the ability to excel in a fast-paced, high-pressure, dynamic environment.
- MS Office Skills – Proficiency in Excel, Visio and Power Point. Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Business Management Preferred
- Prior experience with commercial and B2B payments
- Change Management experience
- Knowledge of or experience with budget/financial functions
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 16, 2019, 5:08:51 PM