American Express Careers
VP - Global Consumer Credit Risk Oversight
- Monitoring and continued enhancement of the credit risk appetite framework
- Identify credit risk metrics (e.g. KRIs and KPIs) to continuously monitor and oversee risk
- Provide effective challenge through independent reviews of critical credit risk processes
- Conduct quantitative analysis on risk management data to drive insights and recommendations for first line teams
- Develop requirements to support next generation risk capabilities (e.g. Smart Monitoring)
- Escalate issues and emerging risks in accordance with risk appetite program
- Leadership experience in risk management or a similar role;
- Credit risk management experience is required;
- Strong business acumen with a risk-reward control perspective;
- Experience in data-driven analytics, including analyzing structured and unstructured data;
- Familiarity with applicable regulatory requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities under pressure;
- Advanced degree in quantitative or a related field
- Proven leader who can build, inspire, and coach a team with a passion for the business;
- Excellent collaboration and influence management skills with the ability to build productive relationships across teams and levels of seniority;
- Self-confident with a strong sense of integrity and the ability and willingness to challenge and be challenged;
- Proactive in identifying issues, delivering and escalating key findings, and advising on recommended solutions to correct issues or mitigate risks;
- Ability to communicate oversight findings to credit risk peers, business partners, and senior executives;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 15, 2019, 4:10:34 PM