American Express Careers
Manager for Performance Engineering
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The candidate will work closely with the involved stakeholders and manage key work streams as defined by the Program Management Office. Support the implementation of global footprint and servicing strategies that will enable Global Servicing Network to harness the full potential of global scale, attract and retain extraordinary people, and deliver superior service at the right margins that meet the needs of our business partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Key project manager supporting the Program Management Office - candidate will create detailed project plans and milestones to execute work streams and ensure necessary documentation.
- Establish and lead project governance with key stakeholders to review project progress against tollgates and milestones. The candidate will also support steering committee reviews.
- Identify and implement opportunities to right source and right-channel servicing volume to the locations and channels that can best enable extraordinary customer service at the right margins.
- Lead projects on a global basis to determine POA servicing strategies based on customer needs.
- The incumbent will identify key dependencies, linkages and partner across the network to mitigate risks as required to ensure seamless right-shoring.
- Ensure the formulation of a high performing team of project managers which can undertake complex migrations across voice and back office functions.
- Have a good understanding and control of key migration metrics - Timeliness, Cost and Effectiveness. Ensure Zero Disruption to POD processes during migrations
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Leader with over 10 years of work experience across ITES BPO function with previous experience of supporting program management office.
- Candidate should have over 4 + years’ experience in leading Migrations / Transitions function for Customer service and back office functions.
- Should have excellent understanding of business metrics and performance management for customer services and back office processes - specific to forecasting and capacity planning, pay for performance, productivity, etc.
- Should have a good understanding of technology infrastructure and set up requirements i.e connectivity, bandwidth, BRD, production environment, etc.
- Ability to think strategically and logically structure and process large amounts of data into meaningful and actionable recommendations.
- Excellent understanding of transition / migration methodology.
- Excellent presentation, communication and influencing skills since the role requires PMO governance and change management with senior leaders across the organization. Focus on execution and ability to manage through ambiguity and drive performance and change.
- Strong analytics and ability to proactively identify opportunities and drive results.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 15, 2019, 11:14:56 PM