American Express Careers
QA Engineer - ICM
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to engineers on Automation, Testing and Quality Assurance (QA) methodologies and processes, creates and executes test scripts, assists in preparation of test strategies, sets up and maintains test data & environments as well as logs results. Updates flows of services while testing. Provides maintenance of the regression suite and creates & executes automated test scripts. Functions as a platform SME who drives quality and automation strategy at application level, identifies new opportunities and drives Software Engineers to deliver highest quality code. Executes against the test and automation strategy defined at the portfolio level. The ability to deliver in a Continuous Deployment (CD) and Continuous Integration (CI) environment are key to the success of this role
Member of a product delivery team reporting to a Director of Technical Delivery or Senior Quality Engineer
• Works with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing
• Delivers on capabilities for the portfolio automation strategy
• Involved in the review of the user story backlog and requirements specifications for completeness and weaknesses in function, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security and compliance testing, and provides recommendations Plans and defines testing approach, providing advice on prioritization of testing activity in support of identified risks in project schedules or test scenarios
• Develops test plans,testing resource requirements, and overall scheduling of testing activity
• Drives the development automation and testing in a CD/CI environment
•Develops manual and automated test cases and configurations needed to meet testing of business requirements
•Executes test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality software applications, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing
• Generates test data to support the requirements and test case for various test
• Builds and maintains CI/CD Automation process and execution
•Responsible for managing the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design and development of software and IT processes for the team
• Monitors and tracks resolution of defects
•Designs,monitors,and analyses quality assurance metrics such as defect, defect counts, test results, and test status
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
• Looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Experience of testing in database/datawarehouse system.
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC
- Experience in working with HP Quality Center and testing automation tools
- Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus
- Able to deliver technology for automation and testing in a CD/CI environment
- Able to gain cooperation from developers to deliver automation needs and quality code
- Learn new automation technology and advise , and drive deployment to the benefit of the portfolio
• Agile Practices
• Emerging Technologies
• Programming/Software Development
• SDLC Methodologies and Practices
• System & Platform Domain Knowledge
• Quality Assurance
• Quality Management
• Adaptive Communication
• Analytical Thinking
• Industry and Company Knowledge
• Problem Solving
• Regulatory Compliance
• Technology Industry Trends
• Collaboration & Teamwork
• Continuous Improvement
• Growth Mindset
• Learning Agility
• Open Communication
• Servant Leadership
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 16, 2019, 5:21:39 AM