American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space and subsequently continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. To maintain success, accelerating sales and driving profitable charge volume growth are essential for the organization. The Process & Capabilities Excellence team, within GCS, is instrumental in driving these objectives by supporting the core operation functions that underpin GCS. Our team focuses on designing the initial program set up for large scale accounts, developing and maintaining onboarding & automation capabilities, implementing GCS programs & technology solutions, as well as owning processes supporting our FX IP & key pilot product customers.
The Manager Assistant will be the Chief of Staff for the Vice President that leads a global team of more than 550+ global colleagues - helping leadership team to track delivery against many critical initiatives for the company and have fun while doing it. The incumbent will get to see and influence how strategic decisions are made at senior levels in the company, prepare presentations to be showcased across the enterprise, provide recommendations for areas of improvement, and manage a multi-million dollar budget across design, technology and operations expenses.
Thought leader: Be a thought leader for a truly global and diverse business portfolio, identify synergies among multiple business segments, keep team's vision at the core of all functions and help leadership engage with senior leadership and team members.
Talent Management: Assist on new hire on-boarding, maintain team org charts, support performance management processes, and understand the pulse of the organization to make suggestions for improvements as needed.
Running Program Office for VP: Support VP of the organization through running colleague engagement & communications activities, including engagement drives, town hall content & planning, career development activities and organize team building exercises to keep colleague engagement level high
Key Business Indicators: Drive financial and business performance processes, including scorecard and KPI initiatives, to ensure team meets business objectives, including Opex tracking and annual financial planning activities.
Strategic projects: Lead multiple strategic projects at the same time to drive business forward and harness external perspective with internal business knowledge
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to adopt a broad perspective and link business strategies to specific initiatives. Strong grasp of the Global Corporate Payments business and industry trends to drive successful strategies
- Strong project management skills: Ability to manage multiple deliverables in a time sensitive environment
- Communication: Superior ability to write structured and compelling messages addressed to various audiences within the organization
- Exceptional MS Excel, PowerPoint and Business analysis skills
- Proven track record of delivering successful projects, widely in PMO capacity
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build alignment among customers and key stakeholders
- Self-starter and high level of accountability and able to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges
- Prior experience in Finance, Controllership and related team is preferred
- Strong work ethic with an will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 20, 2019, 11:17:01 AM