American Express Careers
Manager-Compliance - Fair Lending Quantitative Analytics
This position is part of a centralized team responsible for administering a comprehensive regulatory compliance program for the American Express Fair Lending Program Office (FLPO). The FLPO is responsible for performing quantitative analysis, business process reviews, and other activities in support of AmEx’s fair lending program. The program promotes AmEx’s impartiality in lending by assessing the risk of noncompliance with AXP’s fair lending principles and applicable fair lending laws and regulations. This position will ensure that compliance risks are adequately identified, assessed, monitored and controlled. The individual in this position will be expected to build collaborative relationships and mentor junior Fair Lending analysts in process excellence.
The main responsibilities of the fair lending quantitative manager will be to:
- Conduct fair lending statistical analysis using statistical modeling software, such as SAS and Excel;
- Develop and execute linear and logistic regression models to identify fair lending risk in AmEx models and strategies;
- Analyze fair lending risk throughout the credit card lifecycle, including marketing/solicitation, underwriting, line management, servicing, loss mitigation, and collections;
- Summarize in written form results of quantitative analysis;
- Present results of statistical analysis to FLPO, Bank and Affiliate Management;
- Support the ongoing development and activities of the FLPO and perform other duties as assigned.
Successful applicants will have a master’s degree or higher in economics, mathematics, statistics, (or related field) and 3+ years related experience preferred. Other qualifications include:
- Experience with SAS is required including experience in manipulating large datasets and samples;
- Fair lending analytical experience;
- Experience developing statistical models including linear and logistic regression;
- Familiarity with mapping software and creation of maps utilizing large datasets;
- Ability to review business initiatives (including underwriting rules and model variables) and provide fair lending guidance to affiliate partners;
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically.
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and perform other job related duties as required.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 16, 2019, 3:06:26 PM