American Express Careers
VP-Risk & Information Mgmt - upcoming opportunity
American Express invites you to share your resume so you can be considered for future Vice President-level opportunities in the New York-based Credit & Fraud Risk organization.
The incumbent Vice-President will be responsible for Global Commercial Portfolio Analytics and will lead multiple teams across US and India. In this critical function, the incumbent will be responsible for delivering best-in-class analytics on the Global Commercial charge & lending products with a special focus on high exposure obligors. The incumbent will ensure that the analytics creates impactful actionable insights, provides early reads on developing trends across key metrics and triggers alerts that enable risk mitigation through timely review and action of high risk exposures. The incumbent will transform the views by legacy portfolios into Obligor level views by leveraging newly available commercial C360 capabilities. The role requires close collaboration with several key partners including CCO teams across US & International markets, Finance and Capabilities teams to evolve globally consistent and scalable analytics & MIS. As a critical function, this position provides significant opportunities for exposure to senior management.
- Strong analytical skills with extensive knowledge of Amex products and portfolios.
- Strong people leadership skills to engage and inspire colleagues across multiple geographies.
- At 5 years of Risk Management experience and least 3+ years of experience as a people leader.
- Strong collaboration & communication skills to work effectively & influentially with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong sense of urgency combined with the ability to react nimbly to senior leadership requests.
- Drive to create and maintain an external focus and the ability to connect the dots between external and internal trends.
- Masters or Ph.D. in a analytical subject preferred (Engineering, Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, Business)
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 15, 2019, 2:40:41 PM