American Express Careers
Manager - Compliance Monitoring
The DCI team provides technical and subject matter expert capabilities to support all GFCC teams in the architecture and design of GFCC program areas (AML, sanctions, anti-corruption). The team leverages data, technology, and investigative expertise to solve novel, complex, and relevant business concerns. The team’s core functions encompass monitoring rule development, data infrastructure and execution knowledge, an analytics function focused on rule maintenance and process enhancements, and an intelligence function which utilizes tools and technology to identify actionable information from various internal and external datasets for consumption by stakeholders internal to and external to American Express.
The successful candidate will partner with business stakeholders and users to solicit and document business requirements. Translate non-technical requirements into technical business requirements. Evaluate existing data through comprehensive data analysis processes and devise the best course of action to create tables, datasets, and visualizations.
Collaborate with multiple technology teams to support production implementation of data designs. Create and maintain documentation throughout the product development life cycle, including business requirements documents, technical documentation, and testing documentation. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing data designs and making architecture decisions for how data is loaded, ingested, and transformed in various portfolios. They will provide support of modeling initiatives using data analysis.
The successful candidate must possess the following skill sets:
- Design, develop, publish, and maintaining Tableau reports
- Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
Big Data skills:
- Meet business needs by translating business requirements into Hive/Spark/Python queries
- Write complex queries with minimum direction
- Independently test and debug big data code
- Machine Learning specifically Modeling using Machine Learning Studio
- The candidate must have a sufficient understanding of machine learning algorithms (e.g., gradient boosting machine, XGBoost, neural network) as well as classic statistical modeling techniques and assumptions
- Meet business needs by translating business requirements into Teradata SQL queries
- Write complex SQL queries with minimum direction
- Independently test and debug Teradata SQL code
- Quickly develop a solid understanding of data used for surveillance purposes
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Teradata SQL
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Big Data tools and the Cornerstone/Big Data environment
- Excellent analytical skills and strong quantitative skills.
- Must be results oriented and a motivated self-starter with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability and willingness to work in challenging situations with aggressive timelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A working knowledge of Unix
- Some knowledge of Perl
- A strong candidate must also have an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; computer and internet research skills; strong communication, excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills; and a dedication to be a deadline-driven team player.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Analytics or related field
- 2 years AML , Sanctions, Anti-Corruption experience
- Experience using Agile Methodologies
- Financial experience
- Tableau Visualization development and Teradata specific SQL knowledge
- Automation/Robotics experience a plus
- A minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in any of the following areas is required:
- BSA-AML compliance, Tableau Teradata SQL, Big Data using Python, HQL or Spark, or Predictive Modeling
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 17, 2019, 8:55:35 AM