American Express Careers
Programmer Analyst / Assitant Manager - Data Steward
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Credit and Fraud Risk Capability” team is a new “tech startup” within the Credit and Fraud Risk Management organization at American Express – created with the mission of building the next generation of Credit and Fraud Risk management systems, designed for long-term adaptability to keep pace with emerging technologies and a dynamic competitive landscape.
Purpose of the Role:
This position will play a central role in envisioning and analysis of next generation of global new accounts risk capabilities spanning across all markets and all portfolios (CPS,OPEN & GCP). Additionally the analyst would also be responsible for new accounts data(data steward) in Cornerstone.
• End to end ownership of all credit, fraud and new account data across platforms and processes
• Ingestion of SOR data of all Credit, Fraud Risk and New Account Owned data sources
• Develop and Maintain Organized Data Layers to cater for both Production use cases and Analytics
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners across Decision Sciences and Credit Risk Management to design innovative solutions, capture requirements and drive a common future vision.
• Partner closely with Strategy and Modeling teams in building incremental intelligence, with strong emphasis on maintaining globalization and standardization of attribute calculations across portfolios.
• Define and manage Data quality control measures for Risk ODLs.
• Co-ordinate with cross functional business groups in driving Customer Management ODLs development.
• Partner with Tech teams in designing and building next generation data quality controls.
• Transformation of critical data process on the POD platforms to Cornerstone and integrate them in to Risk Organized Layers.
• Partner with the IDN and AET in driving the implementation of new capabilities and enhancing the existing processes
Critical Factors to Success:
• Develop, enhance and maintain risk capabilities for business intelligence & automated data quality by enhancing modelling and credit bureau capabilities across customer life cycle
• Drive capabilities innovation & resultant business growth by applying existing & emerging technologies to deliver against customer goals
• Lead the development of Cornerstone implementation by being the data steward for centralized data definitions providing the next generation of data warehouse for the company.
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day.
1 - 3 years of experience
Minimum of Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, or another related field of study.
Deep expertise in consumer and commercial risk management encompassing knowledge of data, processes and systems
• Ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive change
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with internal and external senior leaders
• Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and design industry leading solutions
• Expertise in Big Data, Hive, SQL and Agile development.
• Good programming skills - Java, Python, Spark and Hadoop with a minimum one year of work experience
Knowledge of Platforms:
• Big Data
• Amex Database - Cornerstone, IDN, GAM, CAS
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 17, 2019, 1:48:13 AM