American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
We’re looking for Technical Project Manager to work on Marketing Data Capabilities. The TPM will be part of an exciting and fast-paced entrepreneurial team focused on delivering the next generation marketing capabilities, innovative R&D products, lead the tool chain automation for continuous build and deployment as well as data management on Big Data. You will also play a key role in partnering with business and technology colleagues to drive strategic priorities. Our team follows agile methodology and uses the latest distributed development technologies to design, build, test and support software that meets the needs of the business and improve upon it through operational ownership. We want someone with strong people skills, technical background, and creativity.
As a TPM, drive the development and delivery of technical products and solutions for our customers
• Coordinate with product, business, technical, and other stakeholders to prioritize, plan, and execute development schedules in-line with product development initiatives and regulatory needs.
• Use technical acumen to provide design alternatives and support team in technical issue resolution.
• Manage and track team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the project/program and its plan
• Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams, solving and where needed escalating impediments
• Drive program, release level and enterprise improvement and standardization activities using SAFe as the primary framework
• Opportunity to provide in-house informal agile coaching to our product and business teams (optional)
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required;
• Proven ability to deliver complex software features iteratively and reliably
• Strong understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing practices
• Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn new technology quickly and easily
• Adaptive communication
• Collaboration & Teamwork
• Experience with Excel VBA, MS Visio, SQL, Hadoop Big data coding across a variety of platforms is a plus.
• 6+ years of technical delivery experience with a consistent record of progressive responsibility.
• PMI Agile Certification a plus High-performing Behaviors.
• Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 16, 2019, 2:34:12 PM