We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineers responsible for web application performance, availability and reliability. Candidate is responsible to provide consultation and strategic recommendations by quickly assessing and remediating complex platform availability issues.
Manage Your Card Account SRE is a continuous engineering discipline that effectively combines software development and systems engineering to build and run scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. This role will ensure that American Express internal and external services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs. We also ensure a continuous improvement, while keeping an ever-watchful eye, automated, on capacity and performance.
This role will drive the DevOps mindset which strives to use software engineering to build and run better production systems. You will write software to optimize day to day work through better automation, monitoring, alerting, testing and deployment.
You’ll be expected to work with several Technology partners to identify areas of opportunity within the availability platform and build a solution to automate monitoring solutions for the next generation platform, technology and constant innovations to drive efficiencies. You will be responsible for implementing tracing, monitoring, tooling solutions to maximize the performance and availability of our Web applications.
This is an opportunity to work in one of the best Technology units to help improve customer experience for American Express digital assets and influence how millions of people interact with their cards, their merchants and their money.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent 3-6 years of work experience in DevOps - Java/J2EE/REACT JS applications
- 2+ years of hands on experience on configuring Splunk dashboards, Alerts setup
- Good understanding of cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, Openshift
- Knowledge of server-side technologies such as WebSphere, JBose, NodeJS
- Experience with building Rest APIs, API Integration, and Web Services is preferred
- Monitoring and analyzing PMI data
- Hands on experience on enterprise tools set such as Grafana, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, BMC, etc.
- Knowledge on Unix shell scripting, PERL or Python programming is preferred
- Experience in handling DDoS/BOT attack
- Working experience on network rules creation, load balancer configurations, network packet analysis
- Analytical knowledge and exposure on root cause identification using analyzer tools like IBM support assistant, Splunk etc.
- Good understanding of Linux OS commands
- Experience on supporting three tier architecture which includes exposure to databases such IBM DB2, Couchbase, Mongo, Redis etc.
- Certificate Management automation - Message signing, SSL, etc.
- Exposure to ITIL processes is preferred
- Exposure to enterprise platform migration from dedicated to cloud environment is preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 5, 2019, 10:25:52 AM