American Express Careers
Travel & Lifestyle Consultant - Future Needs
As a Travel and Lifestyle Consultant within American Express Travel, you will work within our service center, taking incoming calls from Card Members, providing knowledgeable and consultative service that is based on your own experiences and expert knowledge of the travel and premium lifestyle industry.
Using effective questioning and rapport building, you will be able to make personalized recommendations and bookings through your understanding of the products and benefits available and ability to match these to the Card Members’ requirements. American Express fosters a goal-oriented environment, where you will be frequently coached as our commitment to help you develop world-class consultative skills.
We want extraordinary Travel and Lifestyle Consultants who can surpass our Card Members’ expectations by creating travel and lifestyle experiences of a lifetime.
As a Travel and Lifestyle Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as “Travel Masters” who can provide expert consultation and advice on top destinations around the world
- Creating memorable travel experiences for our Card Members by booking leisure travel with a key focus in Spain and international destination air, car and hotel travel arrangements
- Helping to manage and develop relationships with travel suppliers to ensure premium Card Member experiences
- Being accountable and taking ownership of the Card Members’ experience from beginning to end
- Staying ahead of industry trends and continuously building destination knowledge
- Serving as “Destination Concierges” who have up-to-date insider knowledge and secure access to exclusive, local hot-spots.
- Efficient and effective completion of requests around our card member’s true needs and requirements to drive first-contact resolution and increase satisfaction
- Crafting memorable experiences through knowledge of destination specific experiences in food and restaurants, exclusive clubs, adventures, concerts and other premium venues
- Gathering and sharing local content through knowledge platforms, and manage relationships with top restaurants and other destinations.
- Actively participate and knowledgeable in the local cultural events, restaurants, clubs, etc.
- Acting as the expert “feet on the ground” to drive real insights, supporting high-touch servicing.
- Participating team member that will receive warm transfers from other lifestyle agents.
- Gathering and sharing local content through knowledge platforms.
- Creating innovative ways to resolve Card Members’ issues or concerns to win their loyalty and travel spend; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer, so they will recommend American Express Travel to others
- Participating with other team members and pro-actively anticipating customer needs to ensure a transparent and holistic experience
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor Degree (Political Science, History, Geography, Art, Literature)
- or Associate Degree – in Travel Related Field (Tourism) or
- >12 months previous travel-related work experience
- Travel Industry Experience or Luxury/Premium Customer Service Knowledge and Experience
- Strong appreciation for travel, tourism and luxury products and
- Previous travel industry experience is desired or
- A minimum of 1 year recent experience in a customer facing premium or luxury service industry.
- Extensive local knowledge with the existing relationships or ability to cultivate deep relationships with local suppliers of exclusive, premium and luxury events, dining and experiences
- Our customers have very different requirements from call-to-call so you will need to be able to identify these through the rapport you build and confidently match products and services to meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
- The ability to communicate with our customers is vital to your success in this role. It is important to be able to adapt your approach to the customer, providing personal insight and building a strong rapport. Your customer interaction will mainly be on the phone but strong written skills via e-mail are also very important.
- Previous call center experience is preferred.
- Expert native language ability spanish and hight English level is required.
GDS and Computer Skills
- GDS or computer reservations experience is preferred.
- You must be IT literate as you will need to be able to understand and use Internet search sites and e-mail, in addition to the GDS and other in-house systems. There is a great deal of multi-tasking involved in these roles and your ability to quickly and confidently navigate a number of systems at once will be vital.
- Research/information gathering and problem solving skills are essential, you will deal with a wide variety of inquiries so your ability to ‘think on your feet’ and provide in-depth solutions quickly and efficiently is essential.
- Sales experience will be beneficial so that you can cross-sell relevant products and services.
- Effective consultative selling skills and the ability to listen to the customers’ needs, in turn offering confident recommendations, resulting in high satisfaction from the customer with the service they received.
- Time management skills are vital – due to the multi-tasking nature of the role, you will need to be re-prioritizing your workload regularly in order to meet your deadlines.
- The ability to adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient.
- Must have a ‘can-do attitude’, curiosity and a healthy competitiveness.
- Willingness to accept frequent feedback and coaching with an openness to incorporate these changes in service style.
Type of contract:
6 month temp role
Rotating Shift Schedule: 8am - 5pm /9am - 6pm / 10am - 7pm / 12pm - 9pm / 1pm - 10pm
Why American Express?
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 10, 2019, 7:26:07 AM