American Express Careers
Manager, Business & Financial Planning, Global Advertising & Brand Management
American Express’ Global Advertising & Brand Management (GABM) team is responsible for creating marketplace demand and driving commerce for American Express through differentiated and innovative branding, marketing and experiences. We have an ambitious goal: to be the most creative department in the Fortune 500 and we aim to deliver on that by doing work that is both creative and effective. The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) team within GABM is responsible for all GABM operations and planning.
The Manager, Business & Financial Planning will report to the Director of Business Planning in the CMO Office and play a central role in managing and supporting both the CMO office and GABM overall. We are looking for a responsible, professional, flexible and mature individual who will own the end-to-end management of the operational expense budget for the business unit and provide high-quality strategic assistance to the team. The ideal candidate must be comfortable handling a wide range of tasks and be able to work confidently under pressure in a team setting. Building strong relationships, ability to manage and operate in a dynamic environment, being resourceful, meticulous about detail and preparedness will be critical.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the Operating Expense Budget (OPEX) for all of GABM
- Partner with Corporate Planning, Finance and Controllership on the high level stewardship of the annual GABM OPEX budget
- With the guidance of the CMO office, set and manage Fixed and Controllable budgets for each team in GABM in collaboration with team budget leads
- Generate reports, provide regular analysis and insights on budget utilization and tracking, closely monitor spend and work directly with teams on regular reconciliation of budgets for each of the divisions in GABM
- Budget planning both for the subsequent calendar year as well as long range planning
- Prepare financial presentations for the CMO office and other budget stakeholders
- Ensure GABM’s adherence to all company financial policies and guidelines
- Manage annual year-end accruals process
- Directly manage CMO Office & Colleague Engagement budgets
- GABM Team Operations, Communications and Engagement
- Manage organizational chart and open role tracking processes for GABM
- Lead Employee Enterprise Training for GABM
- Manage real estate for GABM, including but not limited to coordination of offices, desks, storage and lockers
- Provide planning and logistical support for GABM Town Halls, Leadership Team Off-Sites, Leadership Team Meetings, Colleague Roundtables, marquee team events and all colleague engagement events for GABM in New York
- Help lead Colleague Engagement, providing central coordination for U.S./ U.K. and across grow and gratitude work streams, including management of inboxes and calendars for three central accounts: CMO office, GABM Communications and GABM Colleague Engagement
- Support Enterprise Ticketing
- Other tasks and special projects as needed
- Strong proficiency using MS PowerPoint and Excel, knowledge of internal AXP tools and systems such as Webex and Concur are a plus
- Demonstrated analytical experience with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data and draw key conclusions
- Strong financial analysis mindset and decision support experience. Must also demonstrate support for strategic thought leadership by contributing to initiatives such as process improvements and reengineering
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work flexibly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; must work well under pressure without losing composure and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, quality, timeliness, follow through and sense of urgency in executing
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information
- Motivated, proactive team player with strong initiative, organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be flexible to handle executive administration tasks, if needed, as back up for the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10080
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 16, 2019, 10:48:29 AM