As we change the way merchants and their consumers interact with each other, we are looking for talented leaders to define and execute against a very bold vision.
You’ll work among high performing engineering, design and product teams. Among some of the traits we are looking for: deep technical knowledge, set technical goals, contribute to product strategy, stubbornness against settling, bold decision-making, drive architecture decisions, and design internet-scale solutions
· Adopt emerging standards while promoting standard methodologies in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
· Know what it takes to launch products regularly.
· Own your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
· Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise and be ready to make our products better for our users.
· Design and develop the front ends of user facing products.
Your performance is measured by the impact of the quality and engineering of the products you launch and by your ability to be a part of a high-performing multi-functional team that includes Product, Engineering, Design, Data, Finance, Business Development, and Operations.
3+ years of experience as a Senior Engineer II.
- Java 8+
- Junit 4/5 or Spock
- Semantic versioning and conventional commits
- Reactive manifesto
- Dropwizard metrics
· Technical fluency - an ability to clearly describe tradeoffs with users and engineers about certain decisions.
· Highly organized - you are great at research and documenting your insights
· Experience with modern testing frameworks like Jest. Also, a strong focus on writing tests for your own code.
· Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
· Loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
· The ability to set a high bar for your team and empower them to achieve great results
· A “driver” personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
· User-centricity - examples from your past of product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users’ problems.
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 19, 2019, 11:00:01 PM