American Express Careers
Global Servicing Group’s (GSG) Global Card Issuance (GCI) and Personal Savings (PS) teams are supported by the greater Global Shared Services Compliance (GSSC) team; this Compliance team is responsible for the second-line oversight and consultative support of GCI and PS; which include but is not limited to, Regulatory Business Self Testing (RBST), Complaints and the Compliance Risk Assessment process as part of the Compliance annual cycle.
This will be a fun and new role focusing primarily on support of GSSC’s PS and GCI second-line Compliance oversight, specifically supporting PS and GCI initiatives, while supporting the GSSC annual support cycle for both functions. It’s a great opportunity to join Amex Compliance to support these two evolving and critical business processes.
- Support the GSSC annual support cycle for PS and GCI
- Liaise and collaborate with PS and GCI program and project teams, GSG Line of Business Compliance Officers and other strategic business partners
- Identify focus areas/areas of concern for PS and GCI and support as Business develops proposed solutions and looks to implement various projects, initiatives and enhancements requiring Compliance oversight and sign-off
- Support work related to PS and GCI strategic initiative inquiries, both ad hoc and from specific project initiatives
- Prior Compliance/regulatory and/or Governance experience is highly preferred
- Deep understanding and awareness of GSG’s PS and GCI processes; process development and management in both groups; analyzing data and determining trends related to the wide array of financial and card products and services in both groups.
- Curiosity, willingness and enthusiasm in learning both or either business processes if no background in either; and a track record of embracing the unknown and unfamiliar while patiently climbing a learning curve in supporting each group.
- Willingness to pursue internal Compliance certifications as part of a development plan.
- Must demonstrate leadership and team building skills as well as being an established team player.
- A strong candidate must also have an ability to support multiple PS and GCI projects simultaneously; strong and demonstrated Power Point and Excel computer skills; strong general communication skills, both written and oral, with emphasis on excellent presentation and editing skills; and a willingness to be a deadline-driven team player
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 13, 2019, 4:37:18 PM