American Express Careers
Director Local Network & Debit Products
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
About Global Network Strategy & Transformation
Global Network Strategy and Transformation (GNS&T) is the team tasked with envisioning the American Express payment network of the future and executing the cross-functional transformation necessary to deliver it. Taking the lead on this strategic imperative for the company, this global team is looking to define and deliver new services and capabilities to drive business differentiation, growth, and delivery of a digital global payments network that is an enabler of rapid innovation.
Reporting into the Vice President of Local Network & Debit Products, the Director of Local Networks & Debit Products will be responsible for driving global network readiness to issue and accept new debit products, as well as supporting the development of local payment networks. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Drive readiness across the global network for processing and acceptance of debit products.
- Define and develop Global Network Services’ (GNS) network partner debit products around the globe.
- Establish and maintain the American Express debit product roadmap, including the delivery of multiple “minimum viable product” use cases.
- Collaborate with the other business units and external partners to deliver new debit (and related) capabilities.
- Develop creative solutions to enable unique external partnership constructs.
- Create and manage local network product and service designs, transaction flows, and performance criteria for the American Express global network.
- Support the exploration and delivery of opportunities to establish local payment network capabilities in additional markets, to meet evolving local regulatory and business needs.
- Collaborate with and support local teams in the creation of operational requirements, processes and tools.
- Flawlessly execute against delivery goals through strong collaboration across enterprise business, technology, and external stakeholders.
- Build and motivate a high-performing team with experience in legacy and digital payments spaces.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a passion to drive delivery in a fast-moving and innovative environment. S/he will have experience in developing new products, establishing and managing robust product roadmaps, and driving results in complex and highly-matrixed organizations. Strong payments industry experience is highly preferred, as is comfort navigating through an ambiguous and quickly-changing space. Strong communication skills and the ability to indirectly influence a wide range of diverse stakeholders is critical.
Skills & Experience
Experience leading the development of new products and managing a portfolio of existing products.
Leadership experience in managing large scale, cross-platform projects, and delivering against tight scope and timelines with structured planning and tracking.
Strong understanding of Agile methodology and practices.
Ability to think creatively and solve complex problems with a high appetite for taking calculated risks.
Understanding of network and payment technology and processes, ideally including digital payments, and eCommerce.
Demonstrated ability to translate complicated business needs into technical requirements that can be delivered by technology teams.
Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to influence, negotiate, and drive decisions within cross-functional teams.
Experience managing technology budgets.
Demonstrated ability to adapt to and lead through change.
Flexibility and willingness to lead a global team across time zones.
High energy, an optimistic attitude, and a good sense of humour.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 13, 2019, 11:25:12 AM