American Express Careers
Digital Support Analyst – Future Needs
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and is today one of the world’s largest travel networks. Over 100 years later the Travel and Lifestyle Services organisation remains at the forefront of delivering Card Member value with a focus on providing premium leisure travel and related lifestyle services to Card Members through various offline and online channels around the globe.
The global breadth of this team enables it to serve more Card Members whenever, wherever, and however they want to engage with American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services. And with each market tailoring its products and services to its unique customer base, Card Members are provided with the guidance, protection, value and seamlessness for which they look when booking and enjoying travel.
The Global Online Travel team is responsible for developing the online travel strategy and priorities, expanding into new markets, platform development, user experience and managing the key strategic platform partnerships. There is an opportunity to join this exciting and dynamic team leading the effort to transform our travel business. In this role you will be part of a fast-paced, high performing team responsible for delivering world class Card Member experiences across multiple online channels.
This role will be responsible for identifying areas of the site, both front and back-end, that are performing sub-optimally and are a source of card member dis-satisfaction with the goal of informing the ongoing product roadmap to address these opportunities. The role will be a vital link between production support teams, online travel technology partners, inventory and content suppliers and American Express Technologies As such, the role will also be required to provide complex analytical support while managing resources from internal and external cross functional teams.
The Global Online Travel Team are looking for a highly skilled professional with experience of mining online performance data for quality, early warning behaviours and patterns, with the ability to translate the analysis into actions to in increase platform stability, reducing site errors and pro-actively identifying opportunities to improve the site’s performance.
The person will be the site performance SME, partnering closely with third party vendors on initiatives to increase site performance, analysing site performance data to identify opportunities the online customer experience.
- Utilize a broad set of site monitoring analytical and reporting tools (including synthetic site monitoring and real user monitoring) for data extraction, analysis to improve site performance
- Coordinate testing, analyse and implement approved optimization improvements
- Uses technical acumen to provide design alternatives, ask probing questions, support team in technical issue resolution
- Experience consulting with business owners and recommending appropriate solutions based on clear understanding of travel industry & e-commerce business needs
- Prioritize workload, providing timely and accurate resolutions.
- Drive resolution of critical issues across cross functional teams
- Provide daily support with resolution of escalated tickets and act as liaison to business and technical leads to ensure issues are resolved in timely manner.
- Participate in knowledge transfer to ensure better grasp of the product and domain
- Build new and leverage existing relationships to contribute to an international team
- Able to manage 3rd party partners/suppliers, compliance to SLAs, review contracts (in relation to SLA’s) and negotiate resolution timescales if in breach of SLA’s
- Maintain Platform Health Dashboard and interpret KPI data with recommendations made to leadership team
- Monitoring and Analysis of Site Key Performance Indicators to inform product backlog
- Support TLS team in ensuring compliance requirements are monitored and met
- Support UAT and release management.
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to working hours to support global markets across multi-time zones
- Demonstrate teamwork attitude to support wider Production Support activities and responsibilities
- Maintain good level of awareness of the key tools used within the business (new technologies / processes / reporting tools) to an extent where issues or opportunities for development of the ATO channel can be exploited.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience using web operational performance within a transactional website monitoring systems (preferred)
- Ability to think logically and tactically with a keen attention to detail with a high degree of accountability and integrity
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex, technical issues and topics, both written and verbal, to multiple audiences internal & external partners (critical)
- Ability to juggle several projects and to manage to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills able to draw conclusions from data, management information and trends alongside analysis of business processes and stakeholder requirements
- High technical aptitude with ability to learn complex architecture and infrastructure designs.
- Familiarity with concept of web services/ APIs, database and XML schemas
- Highly self-motivated and result driven with the ability to work without supervision.
- Proactive attitude to resolving problems and communicating with stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure yet display a sense of urgency
- Strong customer-orientated perspective to drive the best experiences for our partners and users
- High levels of energy and tenacity
- Must be able to develop and maintain collaborative relationship with various business units and technology partners, many of which are geographically disbursed.
- Experience using performance systems DynaTrace (GOMEZ), TeaLeaf & SPLUNK (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of Sabre GDS technology (preferred)
- Be aware of all legal standards affecting online, including Disability Discrimination Act, Distance Selling, Advertising Standards, Trading Standards, European Consumer Rights legislation, EU e-privacy directive (cookie law), EC Air Services Regulation and Data Protection Act etc are adhered to whilst working with legal teams to ensure adherence globally.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 17, 2019, 4:43:36 PM