The Global Merchant Services (GMS) Global Strategy & Capabilities (GS&C) team’s mission is to deliver a best-in-class premium merchant member experience that will get merchants not only to accept American Express, but also to welcome and recommend us openly to their customers. Our team consults on strategic business initiatives that enhance the success and support the performance of GMS Sales and Client Management organizations. This includes building and delivering programs to support leadership development, skill expansion, and the launch of new products, services, and tools.
The Merchant Experience team, within GS&C, leads the merchant Net Promoter System (NPS) program, which drives and measures merchant satisfaction across 15 countries. This team provides actionable insights and best practices that will improve the merchant experience, delivers seamless execution of the merchant satisfaction program (NPS), supports the creation of action plans that deliver improvements to the merchant experience, and reinforces a customer-first mindset within the merchant business.
Acting as subject matter expert on merchant experience, this highly visible role will provide thought leadership to identify merchant needs and pain points, bring insights to shape merchant satisfaction strategy, work with cross-functional teams to make changes to improve the customer experience, and create effective and efficient infrastructure for improving the merchant customer experience.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Proactively advise and guide the local execution of a global NPS program
- Act as subject matter expert and provide insights to drive merchant satisfaction by:
- Linking merchant satisfaction survey results with other key metrics to deliver customized insights to inform strategy
- Sourcing and sharing customized best practices
- Challenging and supporting markets in creating their merchant satisfaction plans to ensure that there are clear focus areas
- Successfully implement initiatives and workstreams to support a higher quality NPS program
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with strong analytic skills, who has the ability to see the big picture, and package up powerful insights to influence decision making at all levels. In addition, this individual should thrive in being able to independently execute and drive results and be a strong relationship builder who takes a consultative approach to assessing and meeting stakeholders’ needs. The successful candidate will partner closely with U.S. client management teams and global colleagues to deliver on the NPS program and other strategic projects to shape merchant satisfaction strategy.
- Excellent strategic thinker: ability to synthesize multiple inputs, use incomplete information to get to crux of issue, and step back and see bigger picture
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator: demonstrated ability to simplify complex ideas, tell a compelling story using data, and create and deliver compelling presentations for senior leaders
- Exemplary relationship builder and team player: experience building successful partnerships and influencing stakeholders and colleagues, without direct authority, to drive projects forward
- Strong results driver: consistently delivers flawless execution and high quality deliverables despite ambiguity, at times managing simultaneous projects with competing priorities
- Impactful insights developer: comfortable analyzing data, with a proven track record of creating and leveraging quantitative and qualitative insights to create actionable insights and influence decision making
- Accomplished problem solver: creative yet pragmatic, with ability to effectively problem-solve anticipated and unexpected challenges
Due to the business needs, this position ideally will be based in the NYC Tower (HQ) office.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2019, 1:57:56 PM