About American Express
American Express was founded in 1850 and is one of the world's most recognizable brands. With 55,000 people working in 44 countries, we are a global service company that connects millions of consumers and businesses around the world. Because our goal is to become the world's most respected service brand, we constantly strive to offer our customers the best possible service.
We have an open, creative, and collaborative culture which is why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career at American Express.
We are looking for a Client Manager within our Global Merchant & Network Services department. Within this position, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing a portfolio of our key strategic accounts in Belgium and Luxemburg. These accounts operate mostly within the hospitality, communication, health care, retail and food industries. It is essential that the Client Manager engages in building relationships with clients and maximizes account profitability by further implementing American Express payment solutions.
To be successful in this role, you will first need to acquire broad expertise of the American Express products. Also, it is crucial that the Client Manager is capable of offering innovative services and a competitive pricing. To this, it is required that he/she develops understanding of the market conditions and competitive activities, where you are continuously updated about the changes and developments in the market.
The Key responsibilities include:
- Building strong business relationships with key influencers;
- Identifying customer needs and developing new business/industry initiatives in the rapidly changing market;
- Installing an active customer dialogue offering regular account and business reviews in order to drive acceptance and profit;
- Upselling and cross selling of new products/features and value proposition to lower performing customers;
- Providing service to customers and maintains constructive contacts by performing customer visits and quickly responding to the customer requests and needs;
- Tracking and evaluating results of all major activities with key accounts, consequently ensuring all best practices are migrated within the market;
- Continuously aligning with Operations and Services teams and providing clear instructions in order to reach the required results.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Ability to work independently, but simultaneously being a team player as well;
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree
- Previous experience (2 to 5 years) within a general account management position and building client relationships;
- Commercially driven;
- Capability of right decision making by collecting essential and accurate (market) information;
- Advisory and instructive skills toward collaborators and customers;
- Confidence and comfortability in building relations of trust based on own credibility and expertise;
- Ability to work within strict deadlines, stay calm in stressful work situations and set priorities in order to be able to reacting positively to frustrations, obstacles and opposition;
- Willingness to take responsibility for your own output.
- Dutch – Fluent (written & oral)
- French – Fluent (written & oral)
- English – Fluent (written & oral)
In return, as a talented and capable professional we will:
- Offer opportunities for your professional growth and advancement.
- Provide recognition and reward when you drive and deliver exceptional results.
- Respect and value you for your diversity, integrity, and teamwork.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 23, 2019, 4:47:49 AM