Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Epic Software Engineer wanted to partner with us in a bid to change the game. We are looking for an innovative, experienced, and talented software engineer to help force disruption and accelerate our pace of change. This team is charted to be nimble and creative and has the power to shape American Express technology and its product roadmap for the future.
A successful candidate will want to be part of something that is bigger than small-shop software. Enterprise level software engineering can be sometimes frustrating, but our aim is to also make it incredibly rewarding. We are looking for positive people that want to solve hard problems in interesting ways.
This individual who accept this role will be an expert or "goto" for the architecture, design, and engineering of solutions and components that utilize a newly expanded American Express software landscape. The successful candidate will partner with us in the creation of a new team, its methodologies and best practices, and most importantly, its culture. They will also be responsible for providing core system design, evaluating and proving platform components, and delivering working prototypes and frameworks for delivery teams to build upon. Our goal is to use open source frameworks where applicable to build an industry leading, API-enabled, cloud-native system.
• 7+ years of software engineering experience
• Demonstrated substantial experience with object-oriented design and programming with languages like Go, Java, or C#
• Demonstrated experience with test driven development methodology
• Demonstrated experience with container technology, such as Docker, Kubernetes & OpenShift
• Demonstrated experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
• Demonstrated experience with automated build tools and test frameworks such as Maven, Gradle, and Karate
• Demonstrated experience with Atlassian BitBucket (Git), JIRA, & Confluence
• Demonstrated experience with multiple open source frameworks, such as SpringBoot, Jersey, and Node.js
• Demonstrated experience with various relational or NoSQL databases, such as Oracle, MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, and Couchbase
• Demonstrated experience designing and developing REST APIs for high volume clients
• Substantial experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods, a plus
• Experience with Apache Kafka, Grafana, and Prometheus a plus
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
• Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
• Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
• Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
• Work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 26, 2019, 7:34:43 PM