American Express Careers
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer I, Network Services - Load Balancing
Millions of customers depend on our infrastructure, we depend on you.
The success of our entire company rests on our systems, networks, and people. Our Infrastructure engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable and efficient Infrastructure. So if you’re an expert on infrastructure and know the value of supporting technology and the people who depend on it, build your career here.
Build a strong infrastructure and a solid career.
The best infrastructure isn’t built in a day or even a year and it’s certainly not built without a team. Here’s just some of what you’ll do:
• Lead the architecture, design and testing for our next generation load balancing infrastructure
• Create service mesh, anycast, auto scaling and public cloud strategies to meet the changing demands of the industry.
• Partner with application and infrastructure teams to deliver innovative and resilient solutions that meet their needs.
• Evolve and automate our deployment and scaling of load balancer infrastructure
Are you up for the challenge?
• Bachelors Degree in a related engineering field
• Knowledge of the OSI stack, Network Terminology, SDN technologies, Openstack, public and private cloud
• At least 7 years of enterprise architecture and design experience with load balancing infrastructure
• Design and deployment experience with at least one of the following technologies…AVI, Envoy, Istio or Public Cloud load balancers
• Design and deployment experience with F5 load balancer infrastructure
• Knowledge of design methodology, infrastructure operations support or engineering
• Ability to determine user needs and translate them into technical requirements
At the core of Infrastructure Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
• Agile Practices
• Emerging Technologies
• SDLC Methodologies and Practices
• System/Platform Domain Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 4, 2019, 11:41:00 PM