American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - GMNST Java/API
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers Merchant Characteristics solutions to businesses worldwide
- Experience Mentoring and Coaching Engineers and System Designs.
- Writing code, unit tests, code reviews, working with API specs and automation using tools like Selenium, Jmeter for performance testing etc.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in distributed technologies including Java, Spring, APIs (REST, SOAP), JSON, XML, Kafka, JDBC, Spring, SLF4J/LOG4J, JUnit, Jenkins, and Maven.
- Deep experience with API development using REST
- Hands on experience working on various database SQL, NOSQL etc
- Demonstrated experience with continuous integration (CI/CD) tooling such as Jenkins pipelines
- Developing micro services using Java and deploying them on enterprise cloud
- Troubleshooting issues like multi-threading, memory utilization etc. and working with product support teams to resolve problems and perform root cause analysis
- Working closely with Product Owners in researching and prototyping new capabilities that improve the overall experience
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Knowledge on mainframe would be added advantage
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2019, 8:46:09 PM