American Express Careers
Manager, Central Rating & Underwriting
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Expertise as a credit and underwriting decision maker, dealing with commercial exposures ranging from SME or middle-market to large, multinational institutions in Asia.
- Experience in determining appropriate credit capacity, structuring of facilities, and risk mitigation techniques
- Thorough understanding of fundamental financial analysis including the ability to review corporate financial statements to determine the ability of the obligor to honor its credit obligations
- Comfort with GAAP/IFRS accounting standards, corporate valuation, and forecasting
- Familiarity with quantitative credit models (such as Moody’s RiskCalc)
- Knowledge of analyzing the outputs from credit models, and identifying any rationale for any deviation found
- Knowledge of public agency ratings, and supporting analysis
- Ability to understand current macroeconomic trends, and making respective sound recommendations to improve the PD estimation based on the business cycle
- Experience preparing company-specific and industry-wide credit memorandums
- Excellent judgment in making sound rating and underwriting decisions to maximize profitability and mitigate risk
- 8-10 years experience rating and / or underwriting at a leading financial institution or rating agency. Experience as an approver is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university and a degree in finance, accounting, economics, or statistics
- Graduate degree with a finance or business emphasis, or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 24, 2019, 4:16:38 AM