American Express Careers
Engineer - Full Stack Web
The Customer Experience Platform Excellence technology organization develops platforms that power delightful and valuable customer experiences for American Express and our partners. We are looking for web application developers to join our team supporting customer acquisition and loyalty programs.
In this role, you will craft simple, beautiful and intuitive web components that are reused across many customer-facing applications and internal applications that support operational processes.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to the development of platform features on a diverse, multi-functional team
- Work in an environment based on Agile development methodologies and DevOps principles
- Learn how to build web applications using our in-house framework
- Collaborate with product owners to understand business needs and turn them into software requirements
- Pair program with senior developers and review your team members' code
- Test your work for correctness, performance and security and deploy it to production
- Triage and resolve production issues with the help of our site reliability team
- Investigate and implement new technologies and frameworks
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Join us if you:
- Have a working knowledge of front end web technologies including HTML, CSS and web APIs
- Can effectively communicate verbally and in writing to a broad audience of business, product and technology team members
Bonus points if you:
- Have earned an undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field
- Can demonstrate strong computer science fundamentals
- Are familiar with a variety of development and collaboration tools (GitHub, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Can show significant open source or other community contribution
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2019, 6:23:10 PM