American Express Careers
Director - Product Development, Virtual Payments
Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the global leader in
providing payments solutions for Small, Medium and Large businesses. GCS’s
mission is to deliver payments solutions, both card and non-card, that make us
the best choice for our customers.
The Virtual Payments Team owns a suite of digital products and capabilities that provide our corporate clients and partners with enhanced security, control, and streamlined reconciliation for their B2B and T&E needs. We are actively exploring innovative new use cases in search of our next levers of growth. Virtual accounts, is a key component of our commercial ecosystem, and we will continue to invest heavily in the capability and work to develop key strategic partnerships to embed our technology in our clients channels. Adoption of virtual cards is growing at a phenomenal rate, and this role will ensure we stay ahead of innovation.
The Director, B2B Virtual Payments Product Management owns the virtual payments capability, creates global consistency, and drives product development excellence. This focus directly supports B2B payments, one of the fastest growing segments of our business. He/She leads a team responsible for the development of B2B capabilities and platforms that support commercial products and critical business processes. Specifically, the successful candidate will drive the product development process, innovation and ongoing management of our virtual payments platform.
The role will be critical in sustaining and accelerating the growth of virtual payments, a key component of our B2B offerings. The successful candidate must possess a strong understanding of how business processes and technologies impact corporate payments and be able to leverage this knowledge to create valuable solutions for our partners and customers. The Director will collaborate closely with technology, product management and servicing to ensure our capabilities are best in class and that our platform is working as intended.
- Lead and develop a team of high-performing product managers
- Effectively engage multiple stakeholders and key business partners to drive prioritization and execution of virtual payment platform strategies
- Develop virtual payment platform capabilities roadmaps based on high-level business needs and use cases
- Manage virtual payment SQP investments and capabilities backlog
- Continuously assess competitor offerings in B2B market place and develop plans to stay ahead of competition
- Define the platform strategy to expose our services and capabilities
- Monitor the platform operational excellence
- Engage with Technologies to execute against virtual payments investments, developing user stories and managing stand-ups
- Monitor virtual payments platform capability value proposition fulfillment and identify enhancements
- Manage existing virtual payments platform capabilities and change management process
- Leadership – Strong people leader and team player with demonstrated ability to develop people and create highly effective and results-driven culture.
- Product Development Experience – First-hand experience in a product development role, including leveraging Agile methodology. Proven ability to define a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and identify changes required to address them. Demonstrated track record of qualifying value propositions and building cost benefit analyses
- Communications Skills – Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form to different audiences with varying backgrounds.
- High Energy/Flexibility – Must be a highly motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency, positive attitude and the ability to excel in a fast-paced, high-pressure, dynamic environment.
- Passion for Technology and Innovation: this job requires a curiosity to stay ahead of tech trends in the space and a constant need to understand the innovation driven by new and established players
- Personal Excellence – High degree of integrity/confidentiality, comfort with speaking up for what is right as well as reporting/escalating risks and concerns.
- Collaboration & Relationship Skills – Strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills. Proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing partners in a matrix environment to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility.
- Proven Thought Leadership – Ability to identify and synthesize trends to provide value-added analysis and recommendations for improvement to leadership team.
- MS Office Skills – Proficiency in Excel, Visio and Power Point.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business Management
- MBA preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 17, 2019, 10:33:27 AM