American Express Careers
Sr Product Manager
As a Sr. Product Manager for the American Express Cloud team (eCP) you will work on Cloud Platform technologies, Database as a service, Cloud infrastructure platform, Developer experience to enable thousands of developers build applications that define the future of our AMEX digital life. This role primarily focuses on hybrid cloud (such as Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud), and related technologies such as PaaS, IaaS, virtual networks, serverless computing, and microservices.
You will play a key role in innovating new features and products that uniquely meet the needs of Hybrid Cloud. You will be actively involved with the global teams with a product and developer mindset solving technical complexities through all stages of the product life cycle managing strategic planning, feature selection and tactical activities. You are a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, work independently and as a team player. You will be the voice with great communication strategy to all levels of leadership. This position reports into Director of Product Management - Enterprise Cloud Platform.
At the core of Product Management
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Adaptive Communication
- Agile Practices
- Business Analysis
- Business Case Development
- Emerging Technologies
- Strategy Formulation
- Ownership of prioritized roadmap for the next generation cloud and automate solutions to secure public cloud deployments at scale to increase adoption of Database as a service in the American Express Developer community
- Define database as a service product capabilities/features, manage feature prioritization and tradeoff decision making, application-developer experience (UI/UX) to meet Customer needs that drives Cloud database as a service adoption for Amex
- As the subject matter expert, help American Express developer community and Cloud Engineering teams with product related questions and hands-on technical training
- Collaborate with the cloud database technology such as RDBMS (Postgres) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB) to build innovative solutions to secure workloads in private and public cloud environments.
- Create product related awareness and enablement materials and evangelize the products and product strategy.
- Collaborate with global Engineering, Operations, and product teams using standard Agile/Scrum methods on a day to day basis to define and implement roadmaps for Cloud compute, network and storage
- Collaborate with partner teams (Information Security for example) to understand the requirements and integrate into the roadmaps/sprints/releases.
- Prepare and present executive level strategies, spotlights, and business cases of key capabilities
- Establish feedback loop with customers to incorporate product enhancements to increase platform adoption
- Be a promoter of the Cloud platform to the American Express community and put continuous measures to increase Customer Net Promoter Score
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management, preferably Cloud Computing (PaaS, IaaS) and experience in enterprise database as a service management from a business function
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience, MBA a plus
- Experience building requirements for PaaS and IaaS, Hybrid/Private/Public Enterprise Cloud platforms
- Distill a complex set of requirements into defined deliverables
- Explain complex concepts in a way that enables the team to understand what they are doing and why
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Strong communicator with results-driven attitude
- Experience with Agile methodology to drive software development and delivery
- Competent in using data-driven processes/tools for decision making.
- Experience with Infrastructure and Application Performance Management tools such as Prometheus, Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk, App Dynamics, New Relic, or DynaTrace
- Excellent understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Containers, Network, Storage, monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools, Monitoring tools
- Understanding of application development languages/platforms (Java, .NET, Go, Python, etc.) and importance of APIs and REST, and Microservices (authorization/authentication/logging, caching, streaming based services
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) tools and processes such as Jenkins or Ansible
- Experience and understanding of developer ecosystem and developer/SRE workflows
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 5, 2019, 4:35:52 AM