American Express Careers
Senior Manager - Product Development
- Deep engagement and consultation with multiple business partners to understand & develop new product features and user journeys
- Manage the full product development and management life cycle from ideation to execution
- Support overall program management efforts including tracking project status, managing and escalating risks and issues
- Write user stories, develop use cases and work with analytics teams to incorporate data driven decisions into experiences and features all which lead to a strong ROI driven overall product roadmap
- Establish a robust software product strategy using inputs from market research as well as analysis from internal stakeholders such as loyalty product, marketing, compliance, architecture etc.
- Build and actively manage a product backlog of features and capabilities that are groomed and prioritized in close collaboration with the business and Engineering teams
- Rapidly synthesize complex issues be it technical or business into easily understood product requirements
- Manage the work allocation of one or more scrum teams through prioritized user stories and coordination with Product Owners of different teams and businesses
- Review and accept completed user stories and demonstrate sprint-related or general functionality with external stakeholders and customers
- Aggressively defend MVP principles and drive hypotheses, learnings, and pivot when needed
- Manage legal review submissions with Legal and Compliance
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- 3+ years’ experience in product management, or product engineering, or product design/UX/product development
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Ability to quickly grasp how new technology stacks work, and the implications of new technology adoption to existing platform and product capabilities
- An established product management background working within a high performing Agile team in launching platforms, products or services in partnership with engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment in a global organization
- Well versed with Agile or iterative product development methodologies
- Proven self-starter who can navigate through ambiguity and facilitate decision making
- Knowledge of both mainframe and distributed systems a plus
- Knowledge of loyalty programs or financial services industry a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required
- Maintaining and communicating a product roadmap and backlog to stakeholders
- Utilizing Jira or Rally to create a roadmap and track progress
- Developing processes initiative definition
- Working with developers, engineers and architects to create schematic solutions to business problems and ensure technology deliverables are built with high quality and released frequently
- Have a passion for driving change and efficiency with partners of different disciplines
- Use agile and lean principles in your product thinking
- Be able to see large problems as a series of smaller jobs with expected outcomes
- Be organized and process-oriented.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 5, 2019, 11:36:11 AM