American Express Careers
Machine Learning Engineer - Python
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Have you come across people who mock you and give you a skeptical look when you talk statistics and normalization? Have you thought about if such people fall within 1-sigma or above?
Have you ever tried to find a pattern among your team peers and loosely conclude who can be the one working from home next week?
Have you come across a gargantuan document and wondered if you could have an abridged version of it with only the relevant words?
Have you ever been frustrated changing internals of your code just because the type / pattern of production data keeps changing, and hoped to get an automated code / module doing this for you?
Can you explain in simple terms how Netflix recommends your "top picks"?
If you have answered at least 4 of these 5 questions as "YES", our simplest supervised learning algorithm can predict with a confidence score of (85.3–87.8)% that you are the person we think is fit for this role.
Global Remittances is the hub of Payments and Money Movement for American Express, responsible for Payment Initiation, Clearing and Settlement, and Transaction Fulfillment. We are looking for a passionate Machine Learning (ML) Engineer to help revamp our products. Some of the job duties will include:
- Converting a use case into a ML problem, statement.
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Contribute to our in-house bot "Prime"
- Establish ML pipelines within Enterprise to readily deploy ML models on a CI/CD basis.
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of python data structures, data modeling and basic software architecture
- Intermediate math, probability, statistics and commonly used ML supervised and Unsupervised algorithms
- Ability to write quality code in Python (Yes, you got it right! We are fierce about our code quality.)
- Good knowledge of ML libraries (like scikit-learn)
- You must be super passionate about Machine Learning, and able to communicate clearly about the work that you're doing.
- We automate everything around here and have a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy on inefficient processes. We insist that you feel the same way and are willing to DELIVER on this!
If you feel you are the right person, **Tell Us WHY**. Include with your job application, a paragraph explaining why YOU are the perfect person for this job. Put this in the top of your resume/CV.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 30, 2019, 11:48:47 AM