American Express Careers
Manager Strategy And Business Planning
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Data Strategy and Insights: Europe - Manager Strategy and Planning
Data strategy insights: Europe
The DS&I EMEA team is part of DS&I International with team members spanning across 3 continents. The Europe team is responsible to help drive regional strategy and performance monitoring- Billed Business performance metrics and decision support functions for the Global Commercial Card Services Business (GCS) across the EMEA region. The team focuses on providing sound data analytics, performance management and strategic volume guidance aligned to the overall company objectives and leverages its central function to do this in a time sensitive and consistent manner.
The DS&I EMEA team works closely with multiple partners in the fast-paced world of business to business payments. For American Express GCS this includes our Corporate (GCP), Small Business (SBS), Supplier Payments (WCO) & Foreign Currency Solutions (FXIP). With numerous stakeholders requiring consultative data analysis and strategic initiatives support, there is a high level of exposure and numerous opportunities to gain in-depth insights to real business challenges.
In the DS&I EMEA team, we pride ourselves on having a brand that our colleagues associate with the following attributes:
- Subject Matter Experts within the payments industry with sound knowledge across Corporate, Small business, Working capital and Foreign Currency Solutions
- A cohesive team that consistently delivers
- A team that helps each other to be successful
- Responsive to their business customers and forge trusted partnerships
The Manager Data Analytics role within the DS&I EMEA team will have the opportunity to work with business partners as well as Sales and Account Sales teams, covering a number of disciplines. Areas covered may include but will not be limited to:
- Providing analysis to support Global Commercial Card Services Business EMEA General Managers decision making
- Analysing and advising on underlying performance of EMEA GCS businesses, delivery of data performance insights to support business unit reviews (BURs) and providing context for results
- Leading/facilitating pan-European projects and delivering impactful analytics and Insights across EMEA for GCS.
- Contributing to the EMEA end to end planning and forecasting cycle for Global Commercial Card Services Business, ongoing month end/assessment of YTD performance metrics and opportunities, and ad hoc analysis.
- Delivering analysis to support the EMEA investment planning processes for Global Commercial Card Services Business
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will have:
Knowledge of the payments industry economics
Strong business acumen, able to follow business and industry trends and relate to Amex business performance results
The ability to influence others without having direct authority, including demonstrated ability to influence senior management in the company
Robust modelling, extensive experience supporting complex data analytics and strategic projects
Exceptional working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and data mining applications (e.g. SAS EG, SQL, Tableau/ Hive / Python)
Advanced degree in quantitative discipline (Finance, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Economics) or MBA with qualitative background essential.
Strong stakeholder management experience and skills
Experience in Advanced analytics leveraging machine learning. (Desired)
The successful candidate will show many of the following qualities:
Will be intellectually curious and have passion to perform
Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to simplify complexity
Possess an upbeat, enthusiastic and consistent personality
Have an ability to drive results, manage time and prioritise effectively
Show a personal passion for continuous improvement
Adopt a flexible attitude, being able to digest multiple requests
Be a crisp and influential communicator
Have a track record of working collaboratively and motivating those around them
Opening date for applications: 4th June 2019
Closing date for applications: 3rd July 2019
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 3, 2019, 5:49:23 AM