American Express Careers
Senior Manager – Product Management, Business Travel Account
The Business Financing and Supplier Payments team within Global Commercial Services defines the product roadmap and customer experience for our commercial clients. Across the team, we manage a suite of travel payment, lending, and supplier payment solutions worldwide.
Within Product Management, the Specialized T&E team manages company pay, central account products addressing our client’s specialized needs for business travel-related expenses. We are looking to hire a Senior Manager for the Business Travel Account (BTA) with a focus on retention through product enhancements. BTA is a non-card solution available globally, specifically designed for air, rail, hotel, and other travel expenses purchased through third-party Travel Management Companies. As we improve and streamline business travel for corporate clients, we have a unique opportunity to further cement our market-leading position by leveraging commercial capabilities and creating travel partnerships.
This Senior Manager will own the strategy for BTA Retention globally and be responsible for building and executing a plan to protect the US—our largest market. This person will use spend attrition data to identify actionable opportunities to stop attrition. S/he may use levers ranging from developing new features to offering loyalty incentives to make BTA the best choice in travel payments. The Senior Manager will work closely with AXP enterprise data teams to envision and develop data services to deliver the real-time and customizable data demanded by our customers. This person will also own the BTA Servicing strategy and have close contact with client-facing touchpoints including Global Servicing Network.
- Own the Global BTA Retention Strategy based on an informed understanding of customer needs and pain points in the end-to-end customer experience
- Analyze spend attrition data with Data Strategy & Insights team to develop an actionable plan with measurable success metrics
- Identify root case of attrition through quantitative and qualitative methods. Test retention strategies and data service prototypes in partnership with Sales/Account Development and local market teams
- Re-imagine BTA Servicing experience in partnership with Global Servicing Network (GSN) to improve customer experience and harness feedback loop
- Work with GSN to monitor and address global BTA client complaints systematically; feed product enhancement opportunities into the product backlog
- Create data-driven business cases to develop new features/capabilities with Product Development and Center of Excellence counterparts
- Rally enterprise data team to create future vision for GCS data presentment including BTA that is global, customizable and consistent to modern data transfer capabilities
- Engage BTA customers in collaborative dialogue to capture feedback on data services and other retention concepts
- Meet relevant US Risk, Legal, and Compliance requirements as needed for new development
- Ability to analyze data to deliver fact-based insights and synthesize information into a cohesive retention strategy and business case
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills - must be able to deliver results in an environment which requires a high degree of coordination and alignment working with Data & Insights, Technology, Legal, Sales, and Servicing partners in GCS and across American Express
- Proven ability to connect the dots across Blue Box teams and bring needs teams together
- Experience in product management/product development with launching products from concept to implementation in an Agile or Scaled Agile environment
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Superior written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate frequently with senior leadership and corporate customers
- Comfortable working in a global, fast changing (and fun!) environment
- Curiosity to learn
- Minimum 4 years working experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 30, 2019, 5:23:26 PM