American Express Careers
Manager - Strategic Planning, Acquisition Investment
Digital New Customer Acquisition is one of the largest investments in the Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG). The Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) organization within GCSG is a dynamic environment where Analytics professionals drive significant value for American Express through Advanced Customer Analysis and Digital Experiences optimization.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to the successful candidate to apply analytics and new customer acquisition knowledge to identify areas where planned investments might be outside of return parameters or might not fully reflect the size of the complete opportunity. The value for Amex is that we will be able to have a more transparent and robust inventory of investments, to make better investment allocation decisions and to track how prioritized investments are performing vs. expectations, to continue supporting or to make “quick fail” decisions.
The successful candidate will have a mix of the following characteristics: ability to pull and manipulate data from large datasets and from existing reports, knowledge of the card acquisition process, familiar with investment optimization logic. Key leadership traits include: analytical mindset, ability to independently work on open field/ambiguous analytical initiatives, ability to synthesize and present analytical outcomes.
· Understand the Portico prioritization process and identify key areas where acquisition analytics can provide decision making value.
· Support Portico owners with the validation of initiatives that have borderline forward looking assumptions as support for prioritization.
· Build the capabilities to efficiently track and analyze the performance of funded investments.
· Compare actual performance of funded investments vs. the original prioritization assumptions
· Assess if the aggregated actual impact of funded investments is on track to meet the originally forecasted impact.
· Synthesize and present to key stakeholders the outcomes of each of the prior points.
· Leverage existing reports and pull data from Amex sources (Cornerstone, Teradata, SAS Grid) to perform analytics.
· Collaborate with Portico owners and other functional areas: Risk Management, EDA, Finance, Technologies, to drive role objectives
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
· Strong quantitative & analytical background.
· Knowledge of the New Customer Acquisition process and decisions.
· Work experience Analytics packages is required, such as SAA, SQL, Big Data tools (Hadoop, Hive, Python).
· Ability to establish robust and productive relationships across functional areas: EDA, Risk Management, Finance, Technologies.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of credit card business and Amex data platforms is a big plus.
· Microsoft Office skills (specifically Excel, PowerPoint).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 3, 2019, 4:25:46 PM