American Express Careers
Manager, Global Business Integration
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Manager – Global Business Integration (GBI), Project Management
Outstanding customer service has been at the core of American Express for more than 160 years. As part of the new Framework for Winning, our company vision is to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. This is at the heart of the work done in the Global Servicing Network (GSN), where “Customer First” is our commitment to both external and internal customers. The Customer Engagement Network (CEN) is the largest customer-facing organization in GSN, delivering superior customer care via voice, chat and other channels to Card Members across the global proprietary business.
Global Business Integration (GBI) is the organization dedicated to supporting business change into CEN through change execution and project management. We are responsible for a portfolio of business initiatives developed across GCSG, ED&A, GSN and more. Projects we support range from Consumer Product or Benefit launches, refreshes or decommissions, new or enhanced Card Member digital capabilities, marketing communications or campaigns, pricing or regulatory-driven changes, and internal servicing processes and strategies. Essentially, if there is an end Consumer Card Member impact and/or impact on servicing procedures/tools used by our Customer Care Professionals (CCPs), our team ensures that we understand, process and implement the change with minimal servicing disruptions.
To ensure readiness for change, GBI oversees customer journeys (on and offline) and develops servicing strategies to support new initiatives. We are then responsible for implementation for CEN, which includes ensuring capacity for new volume into the network, supporting the development of new capabilities and tools to service customers and delivering holistic and compelling change adoption to support awareness, knowledge and engagement for new news.
A GBI Manager is responsible for managing a broad range of stakeholders across GCSG, GSN and within CEN, including local market Business Leaders. They will also oversee a team that manages projects in delivery of our core remit. The successful candidate will have an enterprise mindset and be able to effectively balance business growth with optimal customer and CCP experiences, and this position includes a compelling vantage point in overseeing all Consumer happenings within a market. This is a fantastic opportunity for those who value customer experience and who possess the passion to problem solve, think outside the box, prioritize and articulate impacts and trade-offs throughout the project management lifecycle. This is also a people leadership role with direct leadership of [2+] Project Managers.
- Serve as the servicing lead on critical GCSG initiatives within market(s), championing ‘channel of choice’ balanced with Digital First and shepherding partners through other GSN functions (e.g. Credit, New Accounts);
- Manage critical project management phases for CEN: capacity planning, capabilities development & change adoption;
- Consult and negotiate, including the ability to say no and/or escalate, as needed to ensure optimal customer outcomes balanced with the right pace and impact of change for our CCPs to enable our servicing to remain as a differentiator;
- Manage relationships and communications across key stakeholders upstream and downstream, including LOB, CEN and GSN support & integration teams (e.g. GSLN, GCCM, GSP, GCSI);
- Analyze data to identify risks, make informed decisions and enable issue resolution through effective collaboration and partnership;
- Identify measures of success and deliver Post Implementation Reviews following launches (e.g. Customer First Resolution, RTF, volumes, call monitoring);
- Ensure compliance & control embedded in all activities through coordination with GCO, Compliance and other regulatory teams;
- Promote GBI brand image, prioritizing a broad and complex remit of activities aligned to our global objectives;
- Lead a dynamic and diverse team and oversee their delivery, engagement & development.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Customer First passion and advocacy, with the ability to translate customer insights and analytics into compelling strategies;
- Prior large-scale project and/or process experience required, with a balance of both strategy and tactical execution;
- Excellent relationship and communication skills (written/oral) with proven ability to influence and negotiate with colleagues/partners, within and outside of GSN, to deliver desired outcomes without direct authority;
- Working knowledge of our service infrastructure with experience in customer care, including an understanding of how results are driven in a fast-paced, complex operations environment;
- Exceptional people leader with experience coaching and motivating teams in a matrix environment and virtual capacity;
- Strong executive presence and growth mindset, with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Able to manage multiple priorities with competing demands for your time;
- Flexibility to work across time zones and ability to travel, if required;
- MBA or relevant experience preferred (consulting or operational leadership).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 27, 2019, 5:30:26 AM