American Express Careers
Sr. Financial Analysis Manager - Business Specialist
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This role is for a Business Specialist in the Regulatory Reporting automation program. This individual will be responsible for driving the definition, gathering, exploration, and analysis of Finance data to deliver the end-to-end automation of our regulatory reporting platform.
Purpose of the Role:
This individual will coordinate with several groups within American Express during the course of designing, implementing, and migrating the implemented solution into production. The individual selected will partner closely with the Product Owners to support defining functionality to be built, collaborate with Technology to design how functionality will work and validate at regular intervals that the software features developed align with original requirements provided to the team.
• Conduct data analysis on existing processes and datasets to understand and support Point of Arrival (POA) process design
• Determine portfolios, data elements and grain of data required for designing processes
• Review data scenarios and provide clarification on how to report on these scenarios in alignment with regulatory guidance
• Identify and support business requirements, functional design, prototyping, testing, training, and supporting implementations
• Create functional specification and process specific design documentation to support process and report owner requirements
• Document and understand core components of solution architecture including data patterns, data-related capabilities, and standardization and conformance of disparate datasets
• Support the implementation of master and reference data to be used across operational and reporting processes
• Write features and users stories, to be used by delivery scrum teams under the agile methodology, based on interpretation of American Express regulatory reporting requirements to guide technology delivery for the end-to-end automated solution
• Participate in daily meetings with the pods (implementation groups for various portfolios of the Company for data sourcing and regulatory classification and reporting).
• Work closely and coordinate with various Product Owners, Process Owners, Subject Matter Experts, Solution Architecture colleagues, and Data Management team to ensure builds are appropriate for American Express products
• Lead user acceptance testing, parallel run testing, and any other testing required to ensure the build meets the requirements authored including development and execution of test cases, and documentation of results
• Create executable testing algorithms that enable validation of the expected system functionality, including replication of deterministic logic and filtering criteria
• Fulfill Data Governance requirements for reporting
• Display thought leadership, drive process, and support work/life balance initiatives
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
QualificationsCritical Factors to Success:
• Well verse in writing SQL and perform data analysis
• Product/platform understanding and process design experience
• Testing management and execution experience
• Foundational data warehousing principles and data modeling experience is a plus
• Agile trained is a plus
• Financial reporting or accounting experience is a plus
• A good understanding of the banking products is a plus
Bachelors degree in related field
SQL writing & reading
Knowledge of Platforms:
Oracle, SQL database
• Exhibits organizational skills with the ability to meet/exceed critical deadlines and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
• A self-starter, proactive team player with a passion to consistently deliver high quality service and exceed customers’ expectations
• Excellent Communication Skills; Verbal, Written
• Excellent relationship building, presentation and collaboration skills
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Live the Blue Box Values
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 13, 2019, 3:42:35 AM