American Express Careers
Account Protection Specialist
- Ensure accurate analysis of Fraudulent Application claims and make sound decisions to approve or decline the same through systematic analysis.
- Responsible for providing world-class customer service to card members, merchants and internal customers while gathering and analyzing pertinent data to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative and make sound business decisions while managing critical business processes such as SOX, ECR referrals/Escalations, Legal Requests, Compliance.
- The position entails calling card members, merchants and third parties with regards to Fraud claim and processing cases.
- Identifying fraud trends and developing continuous process improvements while meeting or exceeding performance guidelines.
- Display strong ECCO knowledge and ability to collaborate with multiple business partners (RISK, FACT, CCC, Compliance, Business Analyst) for process breakdown identification and enhancements/changes.
- Highlight issues through feedback and recommend changes in workflows, procedures, service levels, based on customer demands to meet their needs and ensure quality service is given at all times.
- Provide Feedback on Performance Gaps and Improvement Opportunities.
- Meet and endeavor to exceed metrics on transactional quality, compliance regulations and productivity as per goals.
- Act as a consultant to the internal client, developing robust business solutions and tangible project opportunities while developing and maintaining strong relationships.
- A strong focus on process optimization and capability development is required along with superior relationship building and thought leadership skills.
- Balance customer interests with the interests of American Express.
- Communicates effectively, oral and written to identify and document necessary information.
Essential Prerequisites :
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to process large amounts of information in a short amount of time with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable making decisions and recommendations in unclear circumstances and be able to manage multiple tasks effectively while progressing through work concurrently.
- Resilient with the desire to continually improve personal performance, customer satisfaction and business brand and demonstrated patience and ability to solve customer concerns.
- Must have strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision.
- Must have the ability to use good, sound judgment in decision making and the ability to effectively manage change and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated dependability/self-motivated and committed to drive results with professional business maturity.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data in a systematic meaningful manner.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to evaluate card members financial and account data to make sound business decision.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
- Lead Change Management.
- Critical Factors to Success: Analytical mind, attention to detail & highly result oriented, Fluency in speaking English
- Past Experience: 1-4 Years
- Academic Background: Commerce Background
- Behavioral Skills/Capabilities: High level of Customer sensitivity, commitment & service orientation.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2019, 6:10:00 AM