American Express Careers
Campus Undergraduate – 2019 Business Development Summer/Fall Coop Program
American Express Campus Undergraduate – 2019 Business Development Summer/Fall Coop Program
Become part of the digital transformation and help revolutionize the financial services industry.
At American Express, we provide customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our customers include our Cardmembers as well as the small businesses, merchants, corporations and bank partners that are all members of the dynamic American Express network. As a Business Development Coop, you’ll have the opportunity to expand this network, grow our brand through direct field experience, create compelling value propositions, source new business, and optimize relationships with current & potential new customers.
The Business Development Coop program at American Express is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants direct, hands on field sales experience while working for one of the world’s top brands. We seek a thought-leader and a problem-solver who can blend business, technical, and industry best practices – sweating every fine detail to source new deals while providing a best-in-class customer experience.
Where are these roles located within American Express?
- Global Commercial Services
Commercial-American Express’ Global Commercial Services (GCS) seeks to Change the World at Work, so our customers can change the world. We aspire to serve all of our commercial clients, from the mom-and-pop store on Main Street to the largest global enterprises, with one voice and integrated presence in the marketplace. Each of our clients is a critical part of the global economy – from the jobs they provide, the goods and services they deliver, and the change and impact they each seek to have in the world - - it’s an honor and a privilege to be a part of their story.
What type of work can you expect to do in Marketing at American Express?
- Analyze data and realize growth opportunities; to help existing small businesses customers improve performance and drive growth
- Be responsible for understanding how our business functions and how it might best be served using new or existing products and/or services.
- Create briefs outlining the company, decision maker & key industry trends
- Establish a timeline to close new business and move the sales cycle forward to closed won
- Prospect within a vertical to find new targets
- Cold call: set appointments, follow up on vendor files & cross sell existing products to existing customers
- Find innovative ways to improve the customer experience
We have the know-how, creative platform, and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. Do these describe you?
- Passion for customer payments innovation, process improvement in accounting and presenting new technology trends
- Ability to conceptualize and sell ideas
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task
- Outgoing individual, effective communicator, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Willing to take risks and share fresh perspectives
- Be proficient with analytical and presentation tools, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate degree program
- Majors of interest – Consulting, Business Analytics, Economics, Accounting, International Business, Finance & Financial Management, Business Administration & Management, Marketing Entrepreneurship, Sales, General Studies, Individual Studies, Undeclared, Advertising, Communications & Media Studies, Public Relations.
- School Years: Sophomore, Junior, Senior
- Employment Type: Part-Time
Life at American Express
American Express is known for backing our customers to help them achieve their goals and dreams, both big and small. At American Express, we’re changing the way people live and work through meaningful projects with real-world impact. When you join our team you can make a difference by improving the everyday lives of customers around the world.
Growing great leaders is one of the things that sets American Express apart. Every employee has the opportunity—and is encouraged—to take their personal leadership to the next level through a wide variety of leadership and learning programs.
Our employees and their families feel supported at every stage of their lives. We provide resources and benefits that help support their physical, financial and emotional well-being, such as our award-winning global corporate wellness program, Healthy Living, and many others including: 20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave, Health (dental and vision) and Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, 401k with match. Some of our roles even offer flexible work arrangements so you can work how it makes sense for you, without ever compromising quality.
Creating an inclusive culture is both a part of who we are and what we do together. We value and embrace the diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences of all our employees. Through our 15 Colleague Networks, participants can broaden their associations with other employees while expanding their knowledge of the business. American Express is a place where being yourself matters. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Don’t live life without it.
With a job at American Express, almost anything is possible. Apply now!
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We
appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in
contact with you by June 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Part-time
Date Posted: Aug 6, 2019, 10:32:27 AM