American Express Careers
Operations Team Leader – Premium Customer Service Travel (US)
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Help our cardmembers experience our servicing philosophy, Relationship Care.
American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) serves American Express Cardmembers around the world with a full range of services, from trip planning and booking to enhancing their travel plans with tailored experiences.
Across the globe, TLS has thousands of dedicated colleagues who are passionate about what they do and take pride in delivering exceptional, personalized service to our customers and helping them to unlock unique and memorable experiences from their travels.
Know the way forward. Show the way forward.
Be one of our dynamic Team Leaders and create an engaging, high-performing environment for the Consultants who provide our Cardmembers with on-line support for travel and lifestyle services.
You’ll lead, coach and mentor with passion; encourage real commitment to customers; and use your strong leadership and motivational skills to inspire an extraordinary service. One that surpasses expectations and reaches our business goals with outstanding results.
Don’t just inspire followers. Create future leaders.
As a coach and a mentor, you will make a difference in the lives of your team members. Some of your focus areas are:
- Inspiring your team of Travel Consultants to deliver strong results and creating an environment for them to be successful
- Providing knowledgeable and consultative coaching and mentoring that is based on your own experiences and expert knowledge of the travel industry
- Improving your team’s performance in the key areas of delivering customer satisfaction and efficiency in the premium servicing environment
- Confidently adapting to the dynamic contact center environment and supporting your team through operational change
- Managing your time effectively to be available to your team whilst managing the business needs.
- Building an engaged team through regular career and development activity
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree PREFERRED
- Minimum total work experience of 5 years REQUIRED
- Direct people leading experience of 3-7 years in a Premium call center customer service environment - PREFERABLY WITH TRAVEL ACCOUNT EXPERIENCE AS TL
- Strong consultative coaching skills, and the strengths of personality to motivate and inspire your team
- Experience of driving individual and team performance through monitoring and coaching on customer delivery
- The resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and continually-evolving circumstances
- Good time management and the organization to effectively prioritize your team’s workloads
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to develop and nurture a team to increase engagement and skills
- Experience of monitoring, reporting and delivering key performance metrics to senior management
- Ability to identify, propose and execute performance improvement initiatives
- A strong appreciation for the travel and tourism industry
- Attractive base pay
- Competitive performance-based bonus
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Free HMO coverage from day 1 for the employee and eligible dependents.
- Retirement Fund
- Career development including training and career growth
- Generous maternity/paternity paid leave
- Private mother’s room
- On-site gym
- Fitness studio
- Fun karaoke room
- On-site clinic
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours.
We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Once screened and invited by the Talent Acquisition team, expect at least fact-to-face 1-2 interviews to happen after.
Our service operates over a 24/7 environment and we are hiring for various shifts - may have to work on rotational shifts depending on business needs including weekends and holidays.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019, 11:34:26 PM