American Express Careers
Information Security Manager
The position, located in New York, is part of the Global Risk, Banking & Compliance organization and reports to the Director of Information Security and Information Technology Risk Oversight. Strong information security and information technology are key contributors to loyalty, trust and customer experience, and the American Express brand. Properly assessing, managing, and overseeing global information technology and information security risk is critical to the Company’s business.
The successful candidate will have a strong analytical, and capabilities background to support automation of reporting program and dynamic dashboards. The position requires team player who is comfortable collaborating with a range of partners and stakeholders including compliance, legal, operational excellence, privacy, risk oversight, and many other partners to promote best information security and information technology throughout the enterprise.
The successful candidate should demonstrate ability to support automation framework for information security and information technology risk reporting and monitoring program. More specifically, the skills and experience sought for this position include:
- Work experience in the consulting, product development, product management, analytics or big data technologies
- Experienced with various tools such as SharePoint, Confluence and other automation workflow management tools
- Experience with Tableau, Machine Learning, Python, SQL and other analytical tools
- Background in product, capability, stakeholder and technical project management, Agile
- In-depth experience with desktop software and office automation tools (must be proficient in Microsoft products including MS Project)
- Event Monitoring
- Support Mission Control efforts of major product launches and critical changes through monitoring and customized presentation layer
- Define processes, documentation and engineering diagrams for technical and operations support
- Prioritize, complete and lead projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Responsible for the quality of work in terms of the technical design, implementation, testing and alignment to technical compliance standards.
- Provide lead support and direction to the team responsible for the overall health and maintenance of all infrastructure assets
- Self-motivated individual who is able to combine exceptional problem-resolution and critical thinking skills with an ability to apply a business lens to recommendations
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving business problems
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change
- Passion for excellence in people, processes and products
- Strong relationship skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills combined with an ability to interact effectively with senior leaders, data consumers and technologies
- Experience in monitoring and automation tools
- Working in an agile/dev/ops environment
Education & Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Information Technology, Business Administration, or other related field preferred (or equivalent work experience)
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2019, 2:37:13 PM