American Express Careers
Senior FX Corporate Account Manager
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Every member of our FX International Payments Team is an experienced listener and a business expert. We haven’t become the world’s largest card issuer by selling more cards, but by understanding and helping small, medium and large businesses overcome the challenges they face every day. We’re partners who know that our collective success depends on yours.
Right now we have a fantastic opportunity for an Account Manager in the Corporate Account Sales team responsible for some of our biggest customers with wide ranging and complex needs. The primary responsibility of this role is to work closely with clients to develop an international payments programme adapted to their business needs, win share of wallet & leverage new products as their business evolves.
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
With a positive attitude in everything you do and every relationship you build, you’ll also be resilient, driven, a self-starter and inspired by a good challenge. Our industry is constantly moving, so we adapt quickly, always motivated to stay ahead of the game. It’s an exciting environment, but you’ll need the ambition and drive to take hold of every opportunity, and go further as an individual.
Great opportunities don’t come without great responsibilities. As an integral part of the team you will:
- Manage a portfolio of our largest and most strategic clients to develop an international payments programme adapted to their business needs and keep them up to date with new products as their business evolves
- Work collaboratively across the American Express organisation to optimise and enhance the client experience and define best practices which can be shared with the wider team
- Develop a robust contact strategy with EVERY client to build strong relationships at multiple levels to find expansion opportunities
- Take responsibility for all areas of the day to day management & oversight of client’s accounts, resolving issues in a timely manner to set “THE” standard for customer experience
- Focus on the customer as a platform for Growth, expanding the portfolio to win share of wallet to exceed business targets
- Lead with an external perspective by understanding the competitive landscape and cross-sell products to protect against the threat of competition
- Collaborate with colleagues to drive initiatives across the organisation and put enterprise thinking first
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for the challenge?
We are looking for a proactive, sales-focused individual who has experience of strategic account management and enjoys working independently in a dynamic & results driven environment.
- Best in class sales/relationship management experience
- Strong analytical skills required to assess portfolio performance with the ability to draw conclusions from KPIs and take action
- Strategic sales / account management experience
- Knowledgeable of FX markets & economic influences
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Good time & task management with the ability to switch direction to reprioritise
- Exceptional customer service focus
- Operational: Banking: Back office: SWIFT payment and processing knowledge preferred but not essential
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 29, 2019, 11:28:21 AM