American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize you’re potential
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing and highly skilled Senior Engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial Enterprise Marketing and Information Capability (EMIC) portfolio focused on delivering the next generation global marketing capabilities. This team is responsible for Global Customer Marketing Personalization products which including batch/real-time analytical, machine learning and modeling solutions leveraging transformational technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Pig & Java. This young team has delivered class leading products with many firsts in the organization including the first Member Rewards (MR) Personalization in the enterprise. Today we support 21+ channels and support content across Card, Merchant & MR offers and are expanding rapidly with a focus on building a single Global Customer Marketing Personalization Product with a focus on driving omni-channel experience for our Card members by delivering world-class innovative solutions leveraging best in class Machine Learning techniques, processing TBs of data, to provide highly personalized member journey to drive profitable growth for the organization.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. Centric to it is Big Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Hive, HBase, Pig, etc.) to deliver innovative solutions across multiple business units (e.g., GIM, EDA, GCP, Loyalty, etc.). So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
Position requires a Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field. Candidates with 5+ years of experience in data programming and applications systems design and architecture is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to -
- Develops and tests software, including ongoing refactoring of code, and drives continuous improvement in code structure and quality
- Primary focus is spent writing code, API specs, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints, or doing proof of concepts/automation tools. Applies visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts.
- Functions as a core member of an Agile team driving user story analysis and elaboration, design and development of software applications, testing and builds automation tools.
- Works on a specific platform/product or as part of a dynamic resource pool assigned to projects based on demand and business priority.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies & build reusable components.
- Ensures timely & effective communication with the reporting manager.
- This high energy Engineer must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience. Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing.
- Experience collaborating with the business to drive requirements/Agile story analysis.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation. Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software.
- Strong programming knowledge in Java
- Solid understanding of data structures, Algorithms & Design Patters is required
- Hands-on experience in Big Data technologies (at least MapReduce, Hive and Hbase)
- Understanding and experience with UNIX / Shell / Perl / Python scripting
- Database query optimization and indexing
- Web services design and implementation using REST / SOAP
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Object-oriented design and coding
- Machine learning/data mining
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 29, 2019, 3:39:18 PM