American Express Careers
- Develop Test Strategies, Plans and Execution Artifacts with internal and external partners.
- Build and leverage a deep understanding of the products and technology assets being tested to ensure optimal test coverage.
- Lead a team of QA Engineers to build a high performing team, bring consistency to approaches and artifacts, and execute efficiently across initiatives. Maintain test data and environments
- Partner with application architects and environment operations on test infrastructure design.
- Create, review and execute test cases at various quality assurance levels: Systems Integration, Partner Integration, Regression, and Performance.
- Work with software, infrastructure and QA engineers to deliver target code quality.
- Work with Product Owners and Release Train Engineers to review test scenarios, validate test results and maintain documentation.
- Design quality metrics to be gathered, collated and reported to management. Identify patterns and opportunities from the metrics to drive innovation and improvement.
- Provide guidance to engineering teams including driving improvements in automation and testing in a Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration (CD/CI) environment.
- Review requirements specifications for defects, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security.
- Monitor and track resolution of defects, coordinating with engineers in order to prevent, report, and resolve the issues.
- Work with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via automated testing.
- Testing and automating REST API services.
- Designing and developing testing infrastructure and executing automation scripts on a scheduled basis for Big Data Platforms with understanding of Big Data programming models
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in leading team of QA Engineers and working offshore teams
- Agile Practices
- Programming/Software Development
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Analytical Thinking
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, performance tests, and managing defects.
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experienced knowledge of platform delivery methodology (Agile, incl Scrum, SAFe, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Waterfall)
- Core knowledge of one or more of the following tools is required: HP Quality Center, Selenium; Unified Functional Test (UFT aka QTP), orchestrators such as XL Release; Puppet or Chef.
- Working knowledge of test data management tools.
- Ability to work with a number of Quality scanning tools, be able to baseline and measure on-going quality metrics, and display via Dashboards and to interpret the data to drive the changes needed
- Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus
- Strong technical experience working one of more of the following areas : Distributed computing, programming in a number of languages (i.e. Python, Java, Perl, Bash etc)
- Strong exposure to Big Data technologies HBase, Hive, Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Experienced knowledge of continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD) and continuous testing (CT) capabilities, including tools such as Jenkins, Rally and/or JIRA, version control such as GIT and service virtualization.
- Leadership qualities, professional presence, extremely strong communication skills and ability to influence without direct authority.
- Experience in Machine Learning based application testing is preferable.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 29, 2019, 3:39:52 PM