American Express Careers
Senior Analyst - Data Science
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. To maintain this success, the organization must accelerate sales and drive profitable charge volume growth. The Global Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team within GCS is instrumental in ensuring achievement of these objectives. The Analyst position within DS&I offers the opportunity to be part of this dynamic organization and help GCS navigate towards sustainable growth.
This position reports to the Manager Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) US SME and focuses on creating monthly results presentations, analyzing performance trends and making strategic recommendations across US SME groups to drive business performance and influence business objectives. The role focuses on providing insightful and analytical recommendations to drive growth, highlighting trends, risks and opportunities. The incumbent will also get opportunities to work on multiple projects meant to streamline performance
- Extract and synthesize data for US SME for insights generation and find trends which are affecting business performance.
- Work closely with multiple teams across Enterprise to fully understand data and analytical requirements and produce results as per the requirement.
- Develop standard offerings to present and communicate monthly performance results and findings to multiple levels of business in an effective manner.
- Champion data driven decision making and actively collaborate with business partners in order to assess, analyze and optimize business performance through key performance indicators
- Deliver insightful one-off deep dive analysis to support decision making at all levels and highlight specific trends.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, SQL and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of scripting software's like Python/Hive/R is preferred.
- Ability to handle large and complex datasets
- Knowledge of Quantitative and Qualitative research methods and how they complement each other.
- Focused executor who can set and meet realistic deadlines.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to understand the audience needs
- Resourceful self-starter with the ability to navigate ambiguity and engage in structured thinking in order derive meaningful, data-driven insights
- Positive attitude, a proactive mindset, and comfortable with both agility and working through ambiguity.
- Degree in Mathematics or Statistics, preferred.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 3, 2019, 2:56:46 PM