American Express Careers
Collections Team Leader
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Help our cardmembers experience our servicing philosophy, Relationship Care.
This position is primarily responsible for day-to-day management of a group of 12-15 Collections Specialists to provide excellent credit telephone service with the ultimate aim being to collect money and prevent losses in accordance with current Risk policies. They motivate our Collections Specialists in servicing consumer customers to drive engagement and deepen loyalty. This is done through inbound and outbound customer contact in a call center environment.
Delight our cardmembers with extraordinary experience.
Are you ready for anything? Here are just some of the things that you can expect when you become a part of our growing team:
- Lead and develop a team to perform to demanding targets and goals in a customer contact environment.
- You will be able to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with people of all levels.
- You will be working in a busy environment, therefore, the ability to think on your feet and work under pressure is essential whilst being able to make sound decisions using problem solving skills and thinking creatively.
- Handling inbound and outbound calls from our consumer and small business card members whose accounts are flagged as overdue or delinquent using written and verbal communication
- Goal setting, Performance reviews and development plan for all direct reports.
- Responsible for delivery of all customer and shareholder metrics as per goals
- Work closely with the US Risk Management and other stakeholders
- Manage churn / attrition of team members. Support CSAT initiatives in enhancing / meeting external (Voice Of Card Member) metrics
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree PREFERRED
- Minimum total work experience of 5 years
- Direct people leading experience of 3-5 years in a Premium call center customer service environment (in BFSI account) REQUIRED
- A working knowledge of the Third Party Consumer Credit Card Collections Landscape is REQUIRED.
- Good working interpersonal and people leadership skills.
- Superior global thinking and strong process/quality improvement mindset.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrated consultative experience, ability to influence, resourceful.
We’re open to discuss this further in the process – but we’re pretty sure that whatever American Express comes up with as an offer – it would be something that you won’t be able to refuse! You’ll be able to enjoy most of our amazing benefits on your first day with us and that’s just the icing on the cake. In American Express, our people comes first, so the longer you stay, the more “savings” you make and look forward to thanks to our Retirement Benefits!
Once screened and invited by the Talent Acquisition team, expect at least 1-2 interviews (through video call or fact-to-face) to happen after. The interview will be conducted by our team experts, Varun Razdan and Inderpreet Bindra.
Our service operates over a 24/7 environment and we are hiring for various shifts - may have to work on rotational shifts, PRIMARILY NIGHT SHIFT depending on business needs including weekends and holidays.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 9, 2019, 4:22:13 AM