American Express Careers
Manager/Sr.Manager - U.S. Small Merchant Analytics
U.S. Small Merchants is making American Express “Welcomed Everywhere and Used Every Day”. The business focuses on high growth and relationships in the U.S. Small Merchants segment. Through innovative programs like OptBlue and growing relationships with payment facilitators like Square, US Small Merchants is transforming how American Express is accepted and welcomed.
The Manager/Senior Manager, OptBlue Partner Analytics will report to the Director of Third Party Merchant Acquisition Analytics. He / She will work in close collaboration with senior leadership, acquisition, marketing and center of excellence teams to inform and guide strategies with data-driven insights, ultimately driving merchant value, increased network coverage and spend growth. Among other responsibilities, the work will allow us to develop a roadmap to reach virtual parity in U.S. and grow a high value portfolio of over 8M merchants that collectively deliver over $230B in annual charge volume.
· Lead the analytics, measurement and reporting across key performance indicators for the business
· Elevate and bolster our analytical suite for the evolving merchant acquiring models like Square / Stripe, etc
· Lead the delivery and presentation of monthly executive results package for U.S. Small Merchants
· Partner with small merchant acquisition on strategic initiatives driving growth, virtual parity and welcome acceptance in the U.S.
· Establish and maintain close relationships with partners to understand business, develop goals/objectives, and address challenges and opportunities
· Lead the streamlining and automation of analytical tools to scale the production of custom analytical/ strategic deep dives and generate actionable insights
· Play a critical role in building a roadmap for higher merchant engagement and activation leading up to merchant parity coverage efforts and beyond
· Self-starter, ability to drive insights from data, provide action steps and drive results in a fast paced environment
· Strong project management and analytical skills with a strategic mindset
· Strong collaborator with an ability to build relationships and challenge the status quo
· Excellent business writing and presentation with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of managements and influence strategy
· Familiarity with database management systems (e.g., SQL, SAS etc.) required; Knowledge of Tableau, Python and Big Data is a plus
· Experience in consulting, Masters in Business Administration, Finance and Statistics are assets
· 3+ years relevant experience is highly desired
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 11, 2019, 11:35:29 AM