American Express Careers
Financial Analyst, Strategy & Process Improvement
- Support key transformational initiatives by project managing activities across Controllership, LFO, Tax and Treasury.
- Execute on Corporate Controllership and Corporate Finance initiatives by managing key projects, communicating progress, escalating road blocks, and providing clear and timely communication to project team leads and stakeholders.
- Consistent application of project management and governance standards in order to determine which project management approach and tool(s) are appropriate for different project stages based on the scale and scope of the objective.
- Work extensively with stakeholders and business process owners to coordinate end to end requirements, design, testing and deployment including change management associated with initiatives.
- As needed, assist with leadership presentations and provide input to/support the investment, project portfolio and/or resource management processes.
- Solid experience in Project Management and/or process improvement, with proven ability to manage multiple demands successfully and within a matrixed organization
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, facilitation and presentation writing skills
- Strong relationship leadership and conflict resolution skills, with a proven track record of positively collaborating, influencing and extensively coordinating with internal and external partners
- Strong finance, accounting and reporting knowledge/experience
- Strong process orientation and analytical/problem solving skills
- Team player, comfortable to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, within a cross-border, remote team environment
- High Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- BS in Business, Accounting, Finance, or closely related fields.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 31, 2019, 6:36:24 AM