American Express Careers
Lead Technical Architect
Our digital data science team is responsible for developing, innovating and integrating machine learning models into the American Express Global Consumer Service Group. The open positions of Senior Data Scientist/Data Scientist are responsible for development of analytical infrastructure, computational modeling pipeline and capabilities to drive new customer acquisition.
The list of responsibilities may include:
- Audience Targeting: Design and develop algorithms to target relevant and profitable audiences for American Express across all digital marketing channels
- Channel Optimization: Develop channel specific advertising algorithm to make real-time decision programmatically and drive channel efficiency
- Site Optimization: Deliver contextually relevant website content to prospect visiting AXP sites to drive incremental conversion
- Communication: Present results of complex analytic projects to business, non-technical audiences
The ideal candidate should demonstrate creativity, curiosity and passion for dealing with large amounts of data and converting it into valuable, actionable information. Participation in data mining competitions, like KDD Cups, Netflix Challenge, Kaggle, etc., is a big plus. If you want to develop new algorithms and applications, test your ideas related to digital world and applied to vast amount of data, this is the right job for you.
- Ph.D/M.S. in Computer Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Statistics, Econometrics, Industry Engineering or related fields; 2+ years experience of applying machine learning techniques to real business problems is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining and machine learning techniques. Experience working on statistical/machine learning package such as Scikit-Learn, MLlib, Mahout
- Proficient coding experience in python/SQL/R/Java/C#, experience with Hadoop and Spark is a plus
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem, ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on project
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 5, 2019, 4:16:45 PM