Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
• Perform technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments
• Function as a leader on an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
• Lead code reviews and automated testing
• Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
• Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
• Automate deployments in test or production environments
• Automatically scale applications based on demand projections
• Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
• Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
• Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
• Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
Scope of Impact/Influence
• Leads and mentors teams of engineers through ongoing development efforts
• Ensures Engineers enforce team standards
• Ensures Engineering team delivers a quality product that meets the customers’ needs
Education & Experience
5+ years of software development experience in a professional environment such as:
• Wide breath of engineering experience
• Proven experience leading teams of engineers
• Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
• Finds opportunities to embrace innovative technologies to enable business capabilities
• Keeps up-to-date on current research and technology in the industry
• Empowers teams to automate deployments into production environments
• Empowers teams to dedicatedly scale applications based on demand projections
• Takes accountability for the success of the team achieving their goals
• Drives the team’s strategy and prioritizes initiatives
• Mentor and guide all team members to success within the team
• Able to communicate complex data structures and associated components
• Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents applications
• Lead reviews of colleagues' work
• Defines test conditions based on the requirements and specifications provided
• Has deep understanding of the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, crafting, building, testing, configuring, and maintaining of assigned application(s)
• Deep understanding of infrastructure technologies and components
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.