American Express Careers
Senior Manager - Data Strategy & Insights
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. This a newly created position in Global Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team within GCS, and will be charged with incubating, nurturing and scaling the new US SME Sales Ecosystem.
The Sr. Manager position within the DS&I organization offers the opportunity to act with a strategic mindset to drive revenue. This position reports to the Director of DS&I USACG Acquisitions & Early Tenure and will drive execution and arbitrate ROE (Rules of Engagement) working alongside senior leadership across US SME Field & Tele Sales.
The incumbent will immediately be charged with scaling the current pilot into a fully functional sales channel.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Field & Tele infrastructure is separate, it must be integrated. Connecting the dots between ICM, SFDC, Cornerstone (and creating new data points) will be necessary to create the new sales channel.
- Detail oriented, neutral perspective required in order to arbitrate Rules of Engagement disputes with a high degree of credibility.
- Having a deep analytical mind but entrepreneurial attitude comfortable with fast failure and the ability to pivot quickly to new approaches to finding solutions.
- Use creative approaches to determine which KPIs should be used to describe the business process.
- Design and deliver insightful deep dive analyses to measure performance and support decision making at all levels.
- Build strong relationships with US SME Acquisition & Early Tenure teams while partnering with other major stakeholders to understand business objectives and challenges in order to become a trusted thought partner.
- Champion data driven decision making and actively collaborate with business partners in order to navigate new territory and quickly respond to change.
- Focus on process engineering, we know the pilot is profitable but we need to close the gaps before it can reach full scale.
- Provide actionable insights by Identifying and analyzing key performance indicators.
- Naturally curious with the ability to maintain a sense of humor in high stress situations.
- Deep knowledge of field sales, compensation, systems and processes
- Superior ability to transform complex data into business action
- Ability to view contrary perspectives, negotiate and gain agreement leveraging data while building and maintaining relationships.
- Results Leadership: Ability to manage multiple and complex work streams across departmental boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes.
- Strong Execution & Analytical Thinking: Require extensive analytical experience to adopt a broad perspective and link business strategies to specific initiatives. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Growth Mindset: Will to make things happen and go above and beyond. Ability to challenge status quo, innovate and think out of the box.
- Self-starter and high level of accountability and able to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast paced and highly matrixed environment. Strong teamwork required with their colleagues and other teams, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong work ethic with will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence.
- Engineering or STEM degree is a plus but not an absolute requirement.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2019, 5:02:19 AM