American Express Careers
Overview of the Department: ISBAO Stage 3 certified aviation department conducting FAR Part 91 flight operations world-wide with Gulfstream aircraft. SMS-based safety programs with internal maintenance department comprised of multiple certified Master Technicians.
Position Title: Captain (Pilot-in-Command)
Functions as the pilot-in-command for assigned aircraft. Has direct responsibility for the safety of passengers and crew and the comfortable, timely operation of the aircraft. Supervises the flight crew.
Reporting: The PIC reports to the Pilot Team Leader, Chief Pilot or to the Vice President of Aviation in the absence of the Pilot Team Leader or Chief Pilot
Responsibilities: The PIC is responsible to the Pilot Team Leader for the safe and efficient conduct of assigned flights.
- Ensures that the aircraft is airworthy, registered and that the required documentation is onboard the aircraft.
- Checks weather and all applicable NOTAMs where available, and determines fuel, oil and oxygen requirements.
- Determines the aircraft weight and balance.
- Ensures that all flight planning requirements have been met.
- Ensures that aircraft crewmembers have valid licenses, medical certificates, passports and visas (when required).
- Completes an aircraft preflight inspection before each departure.
- Ensures the passenger safety brief is completed.
- Coordinates with Operations, Maintenance, crewmembers and external agencies in the planning and execution of flight duties.
- Coordinates with crewmembers and management in relation to any requested deviation from the guidelines contained in this manual.
- Operates the aircraft per SOPs, Aircraft Flight Manual limitations, and in accordance with applicable FAA / ICAO rules and regulations.
- Maintains currency requirements by type and ensures the currency of aircraft crewmembers prior to flight.
- Ensures compliance with customs, immigration and cabotage laws.
- Leads the crew utilizing appropriate CRM in the accomplishment of all trip requirements.
- Completes all post flight duties, including notifying the company of deviations to any planned itinerary or overnight location.
- Records flight times and aircraft defects.
Holds an Airline Transport Pilot license with multi-engine rating with type rating (if appropriate) in the appropriate aircraft in which the Pilot is to act as PIC.
- Holds an English Proficiency endorsement.
- Possesses a First Class FAA medical certificate (current within 6 months for fixed-wing pilots, regardless of age).
- Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5000 hours Total Time
- Minimum 2000 hours Pilot in Command
- Gulfstream GV and or GVI Type Rating
- International Experience preferred
Comments: Role requires the ability to apply critical thought during world-wide flight operations while effectively and collaboratively leading a highly experienced crew of aviation professionals through Crew Resource Management principles. Significant administrative work during every quarter of the year.
- Location: Newburgh, NY
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
- This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 3, 2019, 11:01:00 PM